Think its possible?

I was just thinking about how to mod my Dean DBDT (besides pickups, I'm thinking about a JB/'59 set up and locking tuners)

It has a tune-o-matic bridge, and I'll need a flat-top bigsby vibrato system.

I'm not sure, but I was thinking if there was paint underneath the V plate where the strings come through the body, I could put the bigsby right there. And I could take out the tune-o-matic system.

If possible, I was thinking about stringing it, obviously, through the body and then wrapping the string around the bigsby like you're supposed to.

It's almost 2 inches from the V plate to the end of the guitar, and its a little over 4.5 inches from the bridge to the end of the guitar.

So anyone that has had experience with a bigsby... could you give me a hand?

Here's pictures of my bridge...

I'm not sure on the entire Bigsby vibrato but i'm pretty sure you still need to use the tune o matic for intonation adjustments since the strings are meant to be strung through the bigsby and then go to the t.o.m and then to the machine head. Anyway I can't have much else to say besides that it would seem like a waste of money and to just spend it on a kahler or just to buy a guitar with a tremolo system.
^ yeah

Unless you're planning on using that guitar for blues or something that need a subtle vibrato, the bigsby isn't going to do much.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Horseshoe system is easily installed on that thing
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
It was just a crazy idea I had. I sorta wanna make the Dean my new "play thing." So crazy ideas have to start somewhere.

I was thinking I could adjust the bigsby and make it work like a vintage tremolo, by replacing the spring with a thinner one.

Whats a horseshoe system?
^It's a style of bigsby bridge that looks like a horseshoe. Anyway if you were going to install any style of tremolo you might as well just go all out and install a Kahler flat mount on it.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
^It's a style of bigsby bridge that looks like a horseshoe. Anyway if you were going to install any style of tremolo you might as well just go all out and install a Kahler flat mount on it.

The bigsby really wouldn't work unless there was paint underneath the V plate (I'd remove it for extra room) and I highly doubt there is.

Can you link me a Kahler flat mount?