hey i've been getting into alot of Jack Johnson's work, and i was wondering what other artists are similar to him. I heard Ben Harper, but i don't really like his style of guitar playing. Does anyone else come to mind? someone with really nice, soft vocals, good lyrics, and preferably acoustic, kinda like Jack?

i couldn't find a thread about suggesting new bands to people, so if there is one out there, i'm sorry...

Thanks
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
matt costa

dallas green as well

elliott smith
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Last edited by sketchy z at Aug 7, 2009,
Jose Gonzalez.
Not the same feel as Jack, but is "really nice, soft vocals, good lyrics, and preferably acoustic" =D
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
conor oberst's new stuff is really nice as well, his voice has really mellowed out since bright eyes
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Give Justin Nozuka a try, doesn't have exactly the same feel as JJ but still good acoustic rock.
it deffinately has a darker feel, but mark lanegan has some good stuff. very similar to johnny cash in his darker years
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by sketchy z
conor oberst's new stuff is really nice as well, his voice has really mellowed out since bright eyes

Agreed.

"RIGHT THERE THAT'S THE POSTMAN SLEEPIN' IN THE SAND!!!"
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Ray LaMontagne, Bushwalla, Jason Mraz, James Morrison
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...