I was just wondering what is the difference between a 5/16-24 tailpiece and a M8 x 1.25 tailpiece? I came across the different kinds on stewmac (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_tailpieces/Gotoh_Stop_Tailpiece.html)
Also, which kind of bridge would be fit on an epiphone les paul?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Here's the link guys.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
They are the standard and metric versions of the tune-o-matic. Most USA guitars use the standard, and most imports use the metric.
^I just researched it as well and found the same.

Gibsons, for example, use standard tailpieces, while Epiphones use metric (made in China).
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
The specs on stewmacs site doesnt show a difference between the actual stop piece its the studs and their threads that are different. I have put gotoh bridges and stop pieces on both my epis without any problems, just used the original studs.
Well while there's a thread about it.. are these stop pieces all plated? My stock Epiphone stop piece seems to be a solid, non-plated piece of metal. I kind of like the look of a plated piece after the plating starts to wear off. :P
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Hey. Why are the prices so low = O?
I bought my parts dbl the price in Canada. DAMN
Anyways i actually have a question, if you guys could help me out here i'd be AWESOME!

I bought a Gotoh TOM and some other Tailpiece
They don't have the locking screw...what if i go for mega low tunings . Would the Bridge and Stop tail kinda "move around" ?

Should i go for TonePros? Im not familiar with this kinda bridge setup.