basically what the title says, like for example is there a pedal that could make my guitar sound like a saxophone or like symphony strings or something.

if there is any information on where to buy and or prices would be great

if you've got any information thanks
you can buy a pedal that will make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic guitar
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
there are some tricks you can use to make the guitar sound like other instruments

like by using a slow-attack type effect ( or utilizing the volume knob ) you can do violin like stuff

or you could just put in a guitar-synth pickup
jerry garcia did it and played stuff like the trumpet and whatnot
I don't even shred
Quote by Koshman32
you can buy a pedal that will make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic guitar

i know boss makes one of these pedals
Quote by Nebjy
or you could just put in a guitar-synth pickup
jerry garcia did it and played stuff like the trumpet and whatnot

This is about the only way to fully make your guitar sound like other instruments, supposing you find a good synth.
Using a paper towel under the strings between the pups dampens them to sound like a banjo.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quite a few synthesizers create the new instrument's tone by increasing and decreasing the harmonics of a pitch. If a base pitch is 440 hz (A), then the harmonic order would be 880, then 1320, and so on. Flutes odd-numbered harmonics are quite a bit louder than the even-numbered. If you fiddle around with the harmonic order and loudness, you get a somewhat decent-sounding synthesized tone.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
There's a couple but they run around $500+ and then you need a midi guitar to play through them.

I know Roland makes one. I've messed around with it at GC and I have to say it's pretty badass. I'd probably get it if I didn't need any other gear and I already had a midi guitar.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Roland GR series of synth processors. I've been using a GR-33 since they came out, and it has proven to increase my value as a gigging musician. Horns, pianos, synths, effects, bass, pads, drum kit, strings, rhodes - it 's engine has around 300+ sounds that can be combined (2). You would have to install a GK divided synth pickup - and I think the smaller GR-20 includes it, and if not, it's pretty accessible for purchase. In some instances, you may have to make a slight modification to mount the pickup. I've had to replace my pickup ring on my RG because the original didn't allow for enough spacing, for example. Hope this helps - just reply if you'd like to know more about it.
Quote by studio340
Roland GR series of synth processors. I've been using a GR-33 since they came out, and it has proven to increase my value as a gigging musician. Horns, pianos, synths, effects, bass, pads, drum kit, strings, rhodes - it 's engine has around 300+ sounds that can be combined (2). You would have to install a GK divided synth pickup - and I think the smaller GR-20 includes it, and if not, it's pretty accessible for purchase. In some instances, you may have to make a slight modification to mount the pickup. I've had to replace my pickup ring on my RG because the original didn't allow for enough spacing, for example. Hope this helps - just reply if you'd like to know more about it.

This. I'm surprised it took so many people to get to this answer, to be honest. Anyways, these things are great for recording and such, makes your guitar very versatile indeed.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
When I want my guitar to sound like a saxophone I usually just get my saxophone out.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BeethovensBust
The E-Bow can do some violin like stuff.

And cello.
i'm pretty sure the boss gt8 can do it.
EDIT: actually now that i think about it i don't think it can. my bad
Last edited by joe_k at Aug 12, 2009,
POD XT Live does all that stuff too.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Roland MIDI pickup and some software.

/thread

roland midi pickups are pretty expensive aren't they?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
roland midi pickups are pretty expensive aren't they?

The Roland GR-20 along with the midi pickup is a little under 600 euros, about the same in dollars. Just the pickup is 150 euros at Thomann, dunno about US prices (probably around the same).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Roland Guitar Synth

Does synths, violins, banjo's, trumpets, and ****load more.
***Short Sig***