Poll: Which delay pedal
Poll Options
View poll results: Which delay pedal
Hardwire dl-8
12 75%
Boss dd-7
4 25%
Voters: 16.
I know this may have been asked before but these pedals seem pretty similar. The only reason why I think the hardwire pedal is better is becase it is true bypass and from what I've heard it sounds more natural. Which one do you think is better?
Hardwire baby.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I love my Hardwire DL-8. One of the downsides to it, though, is there's no option for an external pedal for tap tempo or an expression pedal (although I don't think either is particularly necessary) the Tape Delay simulation is my most-used part of the pedal, although that's not to say the other delay types are unusable in any way.

I've never tried the BOSS, though, so I can't compare it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The external tap tempo switch does not really matter to me because I don't want to give boss another $40 on tap tempo switches. The dl-8 just seems less digital and doesn't color your tone. I'm still not sure which one though.
I'm not sure. The trail switch switches between buffer bypass and true bypass, btw (I don't notice much of a tone quality difference, either).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The DD-7 is BORING!

The Hardwire on the other hand has some really nice analog and tape models.

[although i still stick with the Echo Park for best tape modeler (i have not tried the DL-4)]
I'm kinda leaning toards the hardwire because I have a few digitech pedals and i like them allot. The reverse delay seems to sound better on the boss from YouTube videos and the boss has 40 secs of recording but I don't really need 40 seconds. I'm thinking about giving the hardwire a chance.
I tried both side to side when I got a delay and imo the DL-8 was much better. More natural sound, more features and a just a fun pedal to play with
True bypass too
I've played them both and I liked the Hardwire better. I too liked the tape delay on it.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
For the people who have the dd7 does it really squash your tone because some reviews says it does and some says it doesn't? Does the dd7 have the delay trails when you turn it off?