Page 1 of 2
Naturally, string instrument players use their finger muscles alot. Ive also heard (seen) alot of people say (write), at the risk of sounding vain, that guitarists and bassists have stronger fingers than non-guitarists or non-bassists. Has anybody really noticed their fingers getting alot stronger? it feels kinda like my left hand fingers are a little stronger than my right hand fingers
Last edited by sporkman7 at Aug 8, 2009,
Definitely, why do you think we started playing guitar in the first place
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
well if you use them alot, they will get stronger..
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Actually, yes. And believe it or not, it was girls that pointed it out.

You can guess why.
Yes, but not nearly so noticeable as the increase in dexterity. My hands are incredibly flexible, I attribute it to at least partially music.
not for me, but i think i'm alone there
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Skaliveson
...There are no muscles in the hand besides in your thumb. It's all tendons and ligaments.

you forget the muscle right below the pinky on the palm of your hand. I can flex that so that it's hard as rock. idk if that's from guitar. I generally don't do a "before and after" before starting such a thing.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by Skaliveson
...There are no muscles in the hand besides in your thumb. It's all tendons and ligaments.

yeah, but your fingers are connected to other muscles. If you lay your forearm on a flat surface and move your pinky really fast, you can feel muscles moving in your forearm
i teased my ex-girlfriend the other day by showing off my finger strength
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i don't know, but when i am sitting around tapping my fingers on a desk or something, my left fingers always goe faster, and are way louder than my right hand's fingers.
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
Quote by R0CKER1220
I think my left fingers are a smidgen longer....

Yeah, I noticed my fingers got longer than they were.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Not stronger, they've gotten a little sore though. AS others, mine have gotten longer, but I think that's just my whole body growing
its hard to judge but most likely
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
My fingers... have gotten stronger, but I attribute that to the touchtyping and piano. Guitar's given me nothing but mad skillz and callouses. My left hand looks... well, let's just say I used to have beautiful hands.
<<My lyric. Critique, please?

You can't change the world but you can make a dent.
My fingers are pathetically weak now, so I don't like to think that they're stronger than they used to be. However, the fingers on my left hand are almost definitely stronger than those on my right, so I think there's been an improvement
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Akridosity

Yeah, the ladies notice it a lot.

why the hell would a woman notice you having "stronger" fingers?

Seriously, are you ****ing her or trying to do both solos from "Master of puppets"?!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Aug 8, 2009,
I once killed a man by poking his chest where his heart is, so I'd say so.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Playing bass has made my fingers more dextrous and independant, but not necessarily stronger- remember, you don't need to use that much pressure to fret a note.

This is what I thought but chords and bending the string might, but I guess that wouldn't effect you as much
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Ive given myself all sorts of RSI's. Tendonitis sucks.
Guitar has fuc*ed up my arms and fingers
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by Venice King
This is what I thought but chords and bending the string might, but I guess that wouldn't effect you as much

I play lots of chords and do a lot of string bending on bass. I still wouldn't say fingers are much stronger than before. I also play a lot of guitar and sitar, amongst others. I'm not a one instrument pony, so don't assume by my username
Quote by sporkman7
....why is she purple?

She's ill.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I don't know if this is the case because of the guitar, but since starting my hand eye coordination seems to have improved, my catching got crap for a couple of years but has improved significantly.
Quote by Snake_42
Actually, yes. And believe it or not, it was girls that pointed it out.

You can guess why.

You stuck you're digits into one or two of her orifices, right?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Yes, but I already had strong fingers. I can easily make anyone bleed with a "light" pinch.
Yea, my fingers have definitely gotten stronger. I remember when I first started playing I could barely do a full bend with 9 gauge strings. Now I feel like 10's are super light and I would like to upgrade to 11's soon. Also, playing a bass or acoustic guitar used to hurt my fingers a lot, but now I can go for hours on each.
Quote by Skaliveson

But their are spirals in your ears.

<.<

>,>

And, I think mine have. either that, or just more tolerant to pain.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Actually faping made my fingers stronger...

By the logic I play guitar better by fapping! HELL YEAH MOTHERF*CKER!
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Page 1 of 2