SO i was thinking about getting a new S5470F ibanez prestige and i was wondering if it would be stupid to put seymour Duncan blackouts in it.
If you think the pickups need to be changed and you like blackouts then no,it isn't stupid......why would you even ask?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

the pick ups in the new prestige's are pretty good so u might be fine with the stock tone i had an older one were the pickups have a verry brittle tone so i pu a full shred in the bridge a jazz in the neck and in the single i put a air norton s and it sound great
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
well i thought that if i was going to buy such an expensive guitar, I might not want to put such an overbearing pickup in it, I mostly play metal so idk
Amp = ?
Desired tone = ?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
I'm using a randall half stack with a GNX 3 effects processor and an MT-2 metal zone, I want a good heavy metal tone, something similar to killswitch engage. I thought the S5470F would be best because mahogany gives a good warm sound, i love prestige necks, and i've always had luck with ibanez.
What model is the randall head and is it the same brand cab.

I would change the distortion pedal but everybody different though.

As for the Pup swap i did the same thing but with EMG's when i got my RG couple years back.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Cricker
I'm using a randall half stack with a GNX 3 effects processor and an MT-2 metal zone, I want a good heavy metal tone, something similar to killswitch engage. I thought the S5470F would be best because mahogany gives a good warm sound, i love prestige necks, and i've always had luck with ibanez.

1) Be more specific, please.
2) Sell it or throw it away. They don't sound good, and absolutely should not be necessary with amps as high-gain as Randalls.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I don't like the Ibanez pickups either, I would put some DiMarzio's in there and get rid of the metal zone, get something like a maxon od808.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
i'd try out the guitar in your set up before you decided you didn't like it. like somebody else said, prestige models sometimes come with pretty sweet pickups. they're usually USA Dimarzios. thats what the IBZ pickups are anyway.
Quote by Cricker
SO i was thinking about getting a new S5470F ibanez prestige and i was wondering if it would be stupid to put seymour Duncan blackouts in it.

depends on your amp, and it depends on your style. what do you want to sound like?