Well UG, it's been a long time but I have a question...

I'm recording with a drummer at his home studio for a few recordings for my solo project that I plan to release on my next album. I asked him today after our session about the terms of payment and what all he expected. He said he was looking to get a royalties agreement established so every time I sold a cd he would get a small percentage of this. I suggested a flat fee for his time and effort, (this cd is going to be sold at my shows and on my website but I'm not expecting [just yet :] to make big bucks off of it) because of the fact that it would be much easier to not have to handle the accounting situations of the few cds I'll be selling, and plus it is a better deal for him. So we left the session in disagreement and he assured me he would think about it.

What would be the best way of doing this? I don't want to have to send him a check every month for $3.00 because I only sold 10 cds, but I would love to pay him $100 up front with a nice handshake and send us off in our separate directions. Help please?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
then dont compromise and find another drummer, a studio drummer, who'll get paid by the hour
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
...already recorded the song. Notice I said "after our session.."
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
then re-record it if you cant come to terms with him.

i just reckon if you settle with giving royalties to someone who doesnt deserve it, you;re gonna regret it
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Generally you pay a flat fee to studio drummers, if he asks for royalties tell him to blow you...
Tell him that the 100 dollars is very reasonable, if not more than what he should be paid for the work on the album.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.