So I've been considering putting a black ice distortion cap in my bass. And I was wondering if I could just put it on a push-pull pot with the tone knob. I don't know much of anything about the whole push-pull deal, so I wanted to check before buying.
Thanks,
-Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Don't buy a black ice (buy it if you want, but this is why I wouldn't). Buy two schottky diodes and put them in parallel. Ask the wiring thread about that. they can help you with that and go in depth. That's what a black ice is. They just encase it so you don't see that they're ripping you off (don't really know, but that's the word on google and stuff liek that). schottky's are like 15 cents each. I have them in my guitar. Never worked with push-pull. I believe they're DPDT and they act as an on/on switch. That's all I know of those.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Yeah, what they do is change the signal path, so you can have one path on, or the other one. One path would go around the distortion cap, the other path would go through it. If you were to make it so that you just turn it on, it would just turn 100% on. I'd imagine you'd have to get an extra pot so that you could control the tone of the distortion?
or a concentric dual ganged pot. Or completely replace the cap on the tone pot if you don't use it. Raiden is right though. It's all on or off.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack