hey guys, a few weeks ago I got a new cable, but once I got home I noticed a strange defect on it... one end was normal size and fit nicely into my amp and guitar and pedals and such... but the other, most strange end was just barely larger around. it won't fit in anything. I'm not interested in returning it, but I want to know what in the world it is for?!? its not a speaker cable because they have the same size ends. I've never even heard of something that would use it.

its a normal mono jack except its just barely bigger than normal, just enough to keep it from fitting in a normal jack and I'm wondering what it might be. Thanks a lot in advance.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
SOunds like you got a 1/4" to 5/8" cable. i've come across but mostly on electrical engineering, never actually seen or heard of one used for music
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
Quote by Akridosity
Pics?

I woulda, but you really couldn't even see it, it fooled me in person.

Quote by demigod90234
SOunds like you got a 1/4" to 5/8" cable. i've come across but mostly on electrical engineering, never actually seen or heard of one used for music

I see... that makes sense to me, so I'm pretty much SOL? I'm not too worried though, it didn't cost me much.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
I woulda, but you really couldn't even see it, it fooled me in person.

I see... that makes sense to me, so I'm pretty much SOL? I'm not too worried though, it didn't cost me much.

Dont know how good your meahnical skills are, but i know it is possible to take off the 5/8" end, and but a 1/4" and solder that on so you can actually use it
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition