I want to make something that is A: Very useful in creating new sounds and B: Slightly more complicated than a beginners project.

I have some questions, I can see a bunch of problems with this many components and I can see grounding issues.

Now, I haven't drawn in any led's and betteries and what not just for clarity of the main flow of the components.

Couple of questions:

1. Should I use the BMP tone circuit?
2. Should I use a buffer for the input and any where else?
3. What type of buffer would YOU recommend?
4. Would it be wise to use some sort of gain stage instead of a buffer?
5.A I've heard of popping when switching, how can I avoid this?
5.B I've seen people use resistors across the tip and sleeve, does this work or should I use an isolation transformer for ground?
6. Are there any serious flaws in my schematic that I'm blatently ignorant of?

Here's the schematic. Drawn on paper and scanned, adjusted, and added text.

Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Ooops... quick fix... on the B side, where it says "parallel series", the top right pole of the dpdt switch should connect to the rec tone part. Simple error... my b.

Slightly more advanced version showing everything.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Can you explain what it is for those of us who aren't educated enough to discern that from the schematic?
...its a loop selector with send, receive levels, selectable send and receive tone knobs and a parallel series switch with controlable wet/dry levels.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
He's the master, who woudn't be happy.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Bump for SomeoneYouKnew or Jim?
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
i may be wrong, but i believe if you put a 1 meg or larger resister over both the inputs and outputs of your jacks that it will prevent some of that popping.

i may be wrong though.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I've heard that as well. I'm not sure if its the optimal route though. Seriously? SYK and Jim just aren't able to answer these questions?

Thanks conor.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Ultimate Wiring thread?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I figured since it was a build people would be interested in it, but I guess not...
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
i'm interested in it

so basically, it's just a loop selector that each has it's own tone control? or is that a a dry/wet signal blend of some sort?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Your jacks are all stereo. Is this on purpose? You should only need mono, unless you are dealing with stereo signals.

You can use high-resistance resistors across the tip and sleeve of the input jack. Use 1M or higher.

What's with those tone pots? Are the wipers on switches?

Ott, the schem looks ok to me. If you use a Muff tone circuit, you'd have to have one for every return jack, and maybe one on the output (if you wanted to have a 'master tone' type of thing).

You'd prolly do well to add a buffer on the input and on every return jack (the 1M or higher resistors on the input aren't needed if you use a buffer, since the buffer already has them). I have a schem for a vey simple FET buffer. I'll get it later.

Take a look at the splitter-blend on runoffgroove.com.

Here is the pic:

Notice that right now, your schem is totally passive. The addition of buffers will make it active.
Quote by Invader Jim
Your jacks are all stereo. Is this on purpose? You should only need mono, unless you are dealing with stereo signals.

You can use high-resistance resistors across the tip and sleeve of the input jack. Use 1M or higher.

What's with those tone pots? Are the wipers on switches?

Ott, the schem looks ok to me. If you use a Muff tone circuit, you'd have to have one for every return jack, and maybe one on the output (if you wanted to have a 'master tone' type of thing).

You'd prolly do well to add a buffer on the input and on every return jack (the 1M or higher resistors on the input aren't needed if you use a buffer, since the buffer already has them). I have a schem for a vey simple FET buffer. I'll get it later.

Notice that right now, your schem is totally passive. The addition of buffers will make it active.

I meant to draw them as mono's with the other thing being the sleeve, but I think I accidentally made them look like stereo jacks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that a typical high-pass filter should be wired in parallel to the circuit its affecting, and I don't want any tone loss, so I have them each wired on an spst.

If I use the muff circuit, would it go between being a high pass filter and a low pass filter like on a tube screamer?

So just the main input, and then on the return of both loops before the passive components? How come?

I knew that about the passive active thing
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
I meant to draw them as mono's with the other thing being the sleeve, but I think I accidentally made them look like stereo jacks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that a typical high-pass filter should be wired in parallel to the circuit its affecting, and I don't want any tone loss, so I have them each wired on an spst.

If I use the muff circuit, would it go between being a high pass filter and a low pass filter like on a tube screamer?

So just the main input, and then on the return of both loops before the passive components? How come?

I knew that about the passive active thing

Idk what you mean by the bolded part.

What you have drawn is a low-pass, and they do parallel the part they control. You might as well forget about those switches. They just over-complicate the entire operation, and I promise you won't notice any "tone loss". The buffers will probably take care of that, anyway.

The muff control goes before the volume control (or, in the absence of a volume, the circuit it is to control). TBH that's about all I know about them.
If I were to simplfy the whole operation in series mode on loop A:

input - > buffer - > BMP Tone - > Send Volume - > Send Jack - > (effects pedals) - > Recieve Jack - > buffer - > BMP Tone - > Rec Volume - > Output
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
That make sense jim?
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Input - Buffer
Send Volume - Send Jack
Recieve Jack -Buffer - BMP Tone - Recieve Volume
Output

I believe I will do it like that, I'm gonna get some shut eye and work on this tomorrow night. Thanks jim <3
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel