I don't know many drummers and I have always been interested in purchasing drum software so I can record all of my music by myself.
I become quite fond of the program Toontrack's EZDrummer which a few of my favourite musicians (Devin Townsend, Meshuggah, ) have used on their albums but it is quite expensive and beyond my budget at the moment.

I'm curious if anybody knows of any alternative decent drumming software thats is less expensive.
I have steven slate drums and i like it a lot. Check it out. It's worth a quick google.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
iDrum is pretty good and is like $60, i dont know how much EZ Drummer is. IF you use a PC Acoustica beatcraft is pretty good too
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
I got drum kit from hell 2. it's sweet!!! so many samples but you need heaps of memory to load them all up. i got 4gb ram just so i could use it.
iDrum is nice for a standalone software, and you can import your own sounds as you like.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Try to get reaper and ezdrummer (with the drum kit from hell add on). I just got a POD and am messing around with this setup and I have to say it's awesome!