I don't really know if anyone wants to help me but I'll make this thread in case someone does.

Right now I'm studying Political Science but I've found out I want to study a broader career but I don't know which one to choose. I've been more interested on how society works so I'm thinking Sociology but I'm not really sure. Is anyone here studying sociology that could help me I've been reading onling about different careers and the most appropriate for what I'm interested in are Social Philosophy and Political Sociology. Anyone studying anything close to those careers here?????
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by pureebil333
Do what you like.

/thread

That's my problem...I don't know which career is closer to what I like
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
You need to go have a talk with your counselor and your career center. Counselor, albeit usually shitty, can sometimes give good information. Career centers know what they're talking about.

Which year in uni are you?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Aug 8, 2009,
What are your hobbies?

If you can find a hobby and find a way to make money doing it then you've got it made.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by darkstar2466
You need to go have a talk with your counselor and your career center.

I don't have a counselor nor does my college has a career center...I live in a third world country :/
-Homer Simpson
Quote by darkstar2466

Which year in uni are you?

First haha but I've taken some Intro to political science courses and I feel I want a broader study field, I don't wanna limit myself to just politics
-Homer Simpson
Any of those majors will lead to a tough time finding careers in that field after college. Sorry to say it, but its true.

But Political Sociology will not limit you to just politics. Whichever major you choose, you wont be pigeonholed into that field. Liberal Arts majors like the ones you want are really flexible, you can basically do anything with them.
Prostitution and drug dealing are excellent choices for those unsure of what to do who can deal with a little danger in their lives.

Or a lawyer.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
i dont think this is the right place to ask. ask people that are actually close to you and know you well.
Quote by oxymorcide
i dont think this is the right place to ask. ask people that are actually close to you and know you well.

But I don't know anyone who is studying those careers so I was hoping to find some here
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by blues-guitarist
I don't really know if anyone wants to help me but I'll make this thread in case someone does.

Right now I'm studying Political Science but I've found out I want to study a broader career but I don't know which one to choose. I've been more interested on how society works so I'm thinking Sociology but I'm not really sure. Is anyone here studying sociology that could help me I've been reading onling about different careers and the most appropriate for what I'm interested in are Social Philosophy and Political Sociology. Anyone studying anything close to those careers here?????

ts i dont know about your field, but for me i changed uni course because i didnt like the course or the jobs associated. i ended up doing something different anyway. Now i am in a position of regretting doing what wasnt 1) best paid 2)most available jobs

find out these two things do a lot of research. Then find out what you could see yourself doing. A degree non related to your profession isnt worth as much. If i had another chance i would do a professional degree and just go for the cash because every job is monotonous regardless of how much you love the subject.
Quote by Serg1
ts i dont know about your field, but for me i changed uni course because i didnt like the course or the jobs associated. i ended up doing something different anyway. Now i am in a position of regretting doing what wasnt 1) best paid 2)most available jobs

find out these two things do a lot of research. Then find out what you could see yourself doing. A degree non related to your profession isnt worth as much. If i had another chance i would do a professional degree and just go for the cash because every job is monotonous regardless of how much you love the subject.

Nah, I think I'll rather study what I like the most even if it doesn't make much money...Most of the older people I know told me they regret not studying what they really wanted
-Homer Simpson
Oh cool, let's get help from the Pit with one of the most important decisions of your life. That's gonna work out well
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
Oh cool, let's get help from the Pit with one of the most important decisions of your life. That's gonna work out well

lol...I'm not gonna base my decision on what the Pit says but I was looking for someone who is studying something related to the careers I mentioned
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
lol...I'm not gonna base my decision on what the Pit says but I was looking for someone who is studying something related to the careers I mentioned

I know, I'm just messing. Many people think it's a good idea to trust the Pit with their life decisions though, you can't deny.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
You post on UG so you probably have a fruitful career as a child molester ahead of you.
hahahaha look at all you people posting on this forum