Since the tuning is.. weirdish to me, i cant compose a dimished scale in drop B.
How exactly do you write one?
I would be really appreciative if somebody included a diagram.
^__^
Thank you guys,
NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Schecter Damien special. ♥
Pod X3 Live. ♥
^^^, One winning combination.
Just play with it, even if it takes ages, just keep going.
I had my Parker put in Drop B but got it changed yesterday, got bored and sick of it so went back to D tuning for CKY songs haha
construct diminished scales on standard first, and you will understand it in dropped.

e
b
g
d
a 4 - 7
E 5 -8

anything diminished is movable, so you can use this "pattern" any where for those cool diminished runs followed by crushing rhythms.
and..learn theory.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
This is fairly simple.. All you have to do is think about it in a way that will make sense to yourself.. For me it's like this: Anytime the E string is dropped a step lower than everything else, that means that in order to play things the same way I would in standard, I have to move everything I do on the E string up 2 frets.

Tab example:

Diminshed run in standard -

E--------------------------7-10-
B---------------------6-9--------
G----------------4-7-------------
D-----------3-6------------------
A------2-5-----------------------
E-1-4 ---------------------------

In Drop:

E--------------------------7-10-
B---------------------6-9--------
G----------------4-7-------------
D-----------3-6------------------
A------2-5-----------------------
E-3-6----------------------------

Also.. Take the guy above me's advice... Learn theory.
It's the key to doing all this **** and actually understanding what you're doing.
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Also, where as Bring Me The Horizon may be a great example of the diminished scale, they are horrible guitarists (please, trust me.. I've met them and played with them..) and know nothing about theory. Harsh, I know.. But still. I'm just trying to help a guitarist out.
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Easy, just write down in a piece of paper the tuning of the guitar, and locate the notes that are in a diminished arpeggio. Learn the pattern and move it around. Of course if you want to play with that tuning all the time memorize the notes. This works with any scale/arpeggio

Or, just diminished, take any note and start going up 3 semitones and looking for the same sounds on other strings, then learn the pattern.

I reccomend the first one!
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
You wither, and die. I am eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Kurai.