Yes, I have a Spider III Practice amp. I don't have any of those fancy presets... So I was wondering what settings to dial in to to get a slipknot sound. What about a Metallica - Master of Puppets type sound?
Quote by FretBoardToAsh
Only pussies stand while moshing, the real badass' sit in the balcony 5 meters up and kick random people in the face. You go down hard and have 4 seconds to think of how badass you are before you hit the ground.
sigh.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Metal red Channel, Bass it up, and scoop the mids a bit. For the Ryhtem work, that is.

But understand that you wont get a lot of traffic here. The majority of these folks are going to tell you to get a better amp.

Just jam for now I suppose, there isnt a lot of good matching that can be done with that spider, at least not to the level that I think most folks are going for.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
omg this is not good.... slipknot + 15w spider

you CANNOT get thick heavy tones like master of puppets on a 15w spider. im sorry but it isn't going to happen. the best you can do is put it on the metal channel (not the insane channel, that one is useless) put the bass up, no matter how tempted you are, do NOT scoop the mids, even though hetfield does, and turn the treble down a little bit. that way you might be able to squeeze some low end out of it.

Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
Metal red Channel, Bass it up, and scoop the mids a bit.

why is it that every time someone wants a tone suggestion with a spider, no matter what tone, the answer always seems to be "crank the bass, scoop the mids"
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 8, 2009,
Everything @ ten will do the job nicely. Oh, and remember to use the insane cahnnel because you know... Slipknot are pretty insane.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
You CANNOT get thick heavy tones like master of puppets on a 15w spider. im sorry but it isn't going to happen. the best you can do is put the bass up, no matter how tempted you are, do NOT scoop the mids, even though hetfield does, and turn the treble down a little bit. that way you might be able to squeeze some low end out of it.

I suppose on a amp that small, you have to keep the mids up to make up for the lack of bass, good looking out for me.

I'll second that. I was just thinking of James's setup, but he's got a Mesa right? And about three hundred amps that eat breakfast with golden spoons that are coated in melted Spiders, Frontmans and MG's.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
I suppose on a amp that small, you have to keep the mids up to make up for the lack of bass, good looking out for me.

I'll second that. I was just thinking of James's setup, but he's got a Mesa right? And about three hundred amps that eat breakfast with golden spoons that are coated in melted Spiders, Frontmans and MG's.

yeah thats right. Hetfield uses a triple rectifier that's been modified for 200 watts. it's a beast. he can scoop the mids on that thing because the low end is already pretty brutal.
good luck!!
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Everything @ ten will do the job nicely. Oh, and remember to use the insane cahnnel because you know... Slipknot are pretty insane.

+1

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
i stand by my post's in the last 1000000 ****ing threads about i want 'artist with amazing tone' out of my 'spider, mg, frontman"

its not going to happen!
these threads are banned surely?
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

If you're going to take the piss do it properly - spiders go up to 11. Also slipknot do use one of the insane channels for one of their settings.

TS - there used to be a pdf on the line6 website with 4 slipknot presets on it, it was for the spider II rather than the III but they shouldn't need to much tweeking. Should warn you though, it used to be a real pain to find and now the Spider III is out it'll be even harder (unless they've updated it).

There was also a pdf with a load of other presets on it that tried to sound like green day, GnR, Nirvana and Metallica - they weren't that accurate though.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by samlocke14
i stand by my post's in the last 1000000 ****ing threads about i want 'artist with amazing tone' out of my 'spider, mg, frontman"

its not going to happen!
these threads are banned surely?

i think they are actually looking for the best approximation of the tone they can get with their gear, not trying to mimic the exact awesomeness of the tone...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i think they are actually looking for the best approximation of the tone they can get with their gear, not trying to mimic the exact awesomeness of the tone...

Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I can get a slipknot tone of their third album sublinimal verses with my friend's dual recto. Lots of bass, gain and treble, scoop the mids A LITTLE. put them at like....3-4. Its all depending from your amp.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
I can get a slipknot tone of their third album sublinimal verses with my friend's dual recto. Lots of bass, gain and treble, scoop the mids A LITTLE. put them at like....3-4. Its all depending from your amp.

...that's a Mesa Rectifier. We're talking a Line 6 Spider 15. If you hadn't noticed, the price difference is around $1700.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by AmericanParadox

that's a $2000, 100 watt DUAL RECTIFIER. this is a 15 watt spider 2. that's like saying, "i can hit 200mph in my friends lamborghini, i should be able to do the same in my Geo Metro right?" the difference between a dual recto and a spider II is so massive that they cannot be compared even in your most drunken fantasies
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
that's a $2000, 100 watt DUAL RECTIFIER. this is a 15 watt spider 2. that's like saying, i can hit 200mph in my friends lamborghini, i should be able to do the same in my Geo Metro right?

right
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Ultimate Settings Thread. That's where.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Baraga

Just get rid of the spider, nd buy a real amp

It is a real amp. It amplifies the electronic signal from the pickups and sends it to the speaker. Not real enough?
Quote by Mixedpotatoes
It is a real amp. It amplifies the electronic signal from the pickups and sends it to the speaker. Not real enough?

I meant buy a better amp.
You knew what i meant, you just wanted talk to me
Oh geez... I read the title of the thread and I instantly felt bad for ya kid... lol I think everybodys already steering you in the right direction! Spider= No actual Slipknot sound
I am a Stephenist
Quote by i_am_metalhead
"Settings" threads are banned. Check out the "Ultimate Settings Thread"

*Reported*

Instead of posting a post about how you're reporting it (which has already been done) why not just let the thread die?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.