So I was looking at some Dimarzio pick ups but not sure which ones to buy. Any of you guys own a S5470 and like what you have done with your pups?

The ones I was looking at were The Evo 2, D sonic, Super Distortion, and Air Norton. How would you guys set it up the Prestige pups are set up HB SC HB. you can look up the guitar on Musiciansfriends.com.

Also I play multiple styles of music from Paul Gilbert, Led Zeppelin to Lamb of God, Trivium, KillSwitch.

My amp is a Randall RX120RH and I use a Digitech GNX3. Any thing else just ask.
Equipment

Guitar
- Jackson DKMG DINKY(EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez S5470 Prestige(Air Classic/FS-1/D sonic)

Amp
- Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
I have a Super Distortion, which I like.

I would reccomend Evo/Super Distortion/Steve's Special (last one is a pretty heavy one, maybe not the one for you if you play Led Zep) for the bridge. And a PAF or AirNorton in the neck.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Air Classic for neck. Clean Sound. Very PAF like. More so than the PAF Pro or Joe/

FS-1 for single coil. its what paul uses in his PGM's and what the jem single coils are based off. very nice pickup. Sounds like a single coil should, unlike alot of dim other single coils

Bridge- D sonic does a good job handling heavy stuff.

these suggestions are only if you are looking at dims. there world of other pickups out there. for single coils i like Rio Grande but thats just personal preference.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
any pups besides Dimarzio's that you would say sound good in the S. by the way looked at yours and it looks badass how much did that one cost you?
Equipment

Guitar

Amp

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
Quote by tow3lie
any pups besides Dimarzio's that you would say sound good in the S. by the way looked at yours and it looks badass how much did that one cost you?

Which ones?

And like i said i liked Rio Grande pups for singles, but they may not be for everyone. They are a little bit noisy. they sound like true single coils

I like the Dim blue velvet in my rg8750 since it still has a single coil twang, but its rather noiseless, which makes it good for higher gain.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
mexican_shred man you got some nice gear. Paul Gilbert fan by the looks of it. The pickups in the S5470 sound kick ass anyways, id stick with those.
Can I get pics?

I think S Prestige guitars look nice, I just want more pictures of them.
One thing you can do is do the pickup selector thing on the bottom right of the DiMarzio page. That can help you narrow it down a bit, then you can listen to the sound bytes from each to help you decide. Granted the sound bites will sound different depending on the amp, effects, guitar body wood, etc, but I feel that it can kinda help give you a feel of the character of the pickup.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Quote by Oujou
Can I get pics?

I think S Prestige guitars look nice, I just want more pictures of them.

To Oujou, all I have is a camera phone which would do justice to the guitar. I'll try to get some good ones up tho

I put the Air Classic in the neck FS-1 center and D sonic in the bridge. Sounds really nice.
I also put my favorite type of strings, DR Tite-Fit "11-14-18-28-38-50".
Equipment

Guitar

Amp

Effects
- Digitech GNX3