What's the best distortion pedal for music like Jimi Hendrix to van halen and guns n roses? I was thinking a ts-9 or os-2 tht anygood? It would b running from my jcm 800 clean setting
I'd say turn the gain up on your 800 to around 7 or max, then buy a clean boost pedal, I've heard that works really well for old school rock/metal.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Get a fuzz pedal for Hendrix. The other two you should be able to get close to by using your JCM800s gain, especially GnR since Slash and Izzy used them.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Get a fuzz pedal for Hendrix. The other two you should be able to get close to by using your JCM800s gain, especially GnR since Slash and Izzy used them.

Slash used the Jubilee, which is a boosted version of the 800 pretty much.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I can't really blast it past 4 at home I'm using this as both a giging amp and practice amp n I want to get the best possible tone at home too with out cranking it so would a tube screamer be any good for van halen or guns n roses? It would be running through the amp with a clean signal
IMO Mjm london fuzz > Dallas arbiter fuzz face
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Fuzz Face for Hendrix, MXR CAE Boost/Overdrive for Gn'R
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
None of this is rock n' roll...but whatever.

You have one of the greatest amps ever made. Just get something like an MXR Micro Amp to boost the signal and you should be able to do Gn'R. I think you're gonna need more power for the EVH though. If I remember right he modded his amps to drive the **** out of 'em. But I could be wrong.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Some kind of germanium fuzz for Hendrix-y stuff I quite like the analog man sunface. Try a few. Oh and with a JCM 800 you should already be sorted for Guns'n'Roses etc. stuff. If volume is an issue get an attenuator.
I like Beans.

Quote by Hypnotisation
Throw away old strings? Are you kidding me? They're the only thing that can strangle unicorns!

BE AFRAID OF THE MODIFIED BEAR!

I know I am