(First of all, sorry about another amp thread. I just really need some solid opinions on this.)

I'm looking into buying a new amp sooner or later. For about a year or two, I've been playing from a Line 6 Spider III 15w. I'm looking for an amp that I can use at home and for very small gigs. So I guess anywhere from 30w to 75w. I own a Boss DS-1 and am looking into getting a Boss DD-3, if that means anything to anyone, haha.

I play in the Pop Rock/Pop/Pop Punk/Powerpop genre's mainly. Song's like Paramore, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, Hey Monday, etc. are what I'm getting at. I palm mute a lot, and yeah.. I've been looking at the Peavey Vypyr's. They have gotten some pretty good reviews. I don't know what else to add to narrow my choices for a good amp.

Budget: $350

Thanks in advance.
Look for a used Peavey Classic 30, nice amps and should do your styles pretty good. You can get them used in your budget, you might even have some spare cash. Just check eBay or your local Craigslist.
I agree with the used classic 30. And mod your ds1. Just buy a soldering kit. There are lots of cheap and easy mods out there that make he ds1 an awesome pedal.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I'll keep an eye out for that Classic 30. As for the modding..I dunno. No experience at all. Is it easy to pick up?

And PapaSchumpf, what amp do you think I would need, then? Haha.
Quote by jc349
I agree with the used classic 30. And mod your ds1. Just buy a soldering kit. There are lots of cheap and easy mods out there that make he ds1 an awesome pedal.

do you have a link for moding?
Hmm, yeah. I think I'll look into that. But tell me, what does modding do to a pedal? What does it do to the sound it makes?
Quote by MoreThanAMemory
Hmm, yeah. I think I'll look into that. But tell me, what does modding do to a pedal? What does it do to the sound it makes?

The most common mods to a DS-1 smooth out the distortion a bit and take out some of the harsh high-end frequencies while adding a touch of mids.

If you think the DS-1 is a good pedal stock then you will be completely in love with it after you mod it.
Well, okay. But like, what sort of change happens? Do I get more effects or do things sound better? Or what? Sorry, I'm really really new to pedals and whatnot.

Thanks, I'll check that one out, but it's something to note that I play Pop songs regularly too. Like Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, etc. So I'd look into an amp that could do that too.
I second the Classic 30, or even a Classic 50 if you need more clean headroom. I used to play in the style of quite a few of the bands you mentioned, and my Classic 50 was perfect.

And keep the DS-1. It's good if you use it correctly and even better modded.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Wow, seems like the Classic 30 is the way to go. Would I be able to find one of those at a guitar store? Or would I have to find one online?
Yes, but probably not for your budget if you buy brand new. But Classic 30s go for around 350 all the time on craigslist or maybe ebay. I've seen Classic 50s even locally.

Edit: If you don't have any luck finding a Classic 30 (probably won't be the case), the Crate V series are quite good cheap amps. I'd probably look for a V33 212 or a V50.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Aug 8, 2009,
Yeah they are the same. Lots of amps change colors based on when they're made. That may just be an earlier model or something.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
used B-52, used vox ac15, used classic 30, used mesa .22 studio
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."