I'm thinking of getting a PRS SE Custom 24 as my next guitar.

It's a set neck, vibrato equipped, 24 fret guitar, as opposed to my current, bolt on, hard tail 22 fret, so it should be a good upgrade?

However, does anyone know if the vibrato behaves like a FR, cos I dont want the hassle of the FR

Also, hows the build quality, its Korean, so it should be better than Epiphone yeah? Will it end up falling apart in my hands after a couple of years?
PRS doesn't do FR-style bridges, so don't worry about all the hassle.

As for the quality, I haven't tried any of the SE series so I wouldn't know.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
Quote by JackTheNobody
PRS doesn't do FR-style bridges, so don't worry about all the hassle.

As for the quality, I haven't tried any of the SE series so I wouldn't know.

So you can just retune without messing about with springs and stuff?
Great guitar for the price man...
You can't go wrong with PRS IMO.
- Ibanez RG7321 *Dimarzio D Activators*
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky Transparent Red
- ENGL Powerball
- ENGL E412 SS
- Line 6 Pod Studio GX
- Ibanez TS9
- Boss NS2
Exactly. Any PRS guitar with a trem bridge is going to be a Fender-style.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
PRS, even the SE series, are renouned for quality. I've tried the Custom 24 and Singlecut, and they're both great guitars. The tremolo feels very solid, and while it doesn't have quite the range of a floyd, it stays in tune well.

They're very well built and have a very warm, fat sound.
I love my PRS
stuff. :
PRS SE Singlecut
Peavey Triple XXX Super 40 Combo - for sale? considering selling it.
VOX Tonelab LE
Old stuff:
Ibanez GRG270CA (for sale)
Amteq LG15 (for sale)
Zoom G1 (for sale)
the se series is good and the trem is fine, no issues
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
the PRS SE series is pretty good. about as good as the old korean epiphones were quality was (probably made in the same factories anyway!) except that they often sound a considerable amount better than a stock epiphone. Great value, anyway.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Is £449/$752 a good price to pay for the guitar?

Nop -> Musiciansfriend
- Ibanez RG7321 *Dimarzio D Activators*
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky Transparent Red
- ENGL Powerball
- ENGL E412 SS
- Line 6 Pod Studio GX
- Ibanez TS9
- Boss NS2
I have one and never play it. Internet hype builds it up to be good but it's made nice - sounds like wet cardboard in a thick plastic shell.
I've got the SE Singlecut, and it's great! I think overall they are better than the Epiphones in the same price range.

The only thing that bugs me is that the pickups have a bit too much low-end so it gets a bit muddy sometimes, if you know what I mean.

Apart from that, awesome guitar
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
You dont have to worry about the SE models they are pretty tough and the trems can handle some abuse (not as good as the US model tho) but they are ok.
Someone mentioned you dont have to adjust the springs when tuning down, that is true if you only drop d it, otherwise dropping the guitar down completely you will have to compensate with some spring adjustment.
just gotta throw this in there, the necks are fantastic on these guitars, played one at my uncles house and just sat there running my hand over the neck for like 20 minutes
~Defiant~
I have heard that they're nothing special, just standartd low/mid priced instruments. But since I haven't played one myself, I'm not helping.

TS, go to a shop and try one!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm not a huge fan of PRS guitars. I found the neck to be too chunky, but the quality and sounds were great.

I don't recall the PRS ES 24 I played having a tremolo (if it did, the arm was missing)

It's nice for the price, and it's definitely an upgrade from a starter guitar.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'm not a huge fan of PRS guitars. I found the neck to be too chunky, but the quality and sounds were great.

I don't recall the PRS ES 24 I played having a tremolo (if it did, the arm was missing)

It's nice for the price, and it's definitely an upgrade from a starter guitar.

Bet you´d be a fan if you owned one.