On american musical they dropped the prices for the line 6 100 head to 450usd...and if you choose the 3 month installment payments you pay only 150$ a month..any thoughts?
cheaper but still crap.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
when something drops that hard, it must be crap
and its a line 6 amp which is self-explanatory.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
for that much I assume mean the spider III?

Just try playing at a volume needed for gigging. See what happens.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Yea ive used this line 6 at a reheasal studio...i dont know why theyre saying it sucks cuz it sounded great...
Is it a spider 3 or a different Line 6?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Its a line-6 spider valve HD100 head...just look it up real quick on google...its a great sounding amp
Quote by Dawnwalker

Thanks for showing off your stupidity.
Really.
Thanks.
Quote by Dawnwalker

This is the problem with band wagons.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Thank god for someone recognizing their ignorance...the price probably dropped because of their price match guarantee..i seen this happen with the jackson sls3...the price on that guitar jumped right back uplike a week later
It could certainly be a price match thing. It could also be a case of supply/demand, Line 6 aren't exactly terribly popular right now and haven't been for some time.

It is a shame because their valve amps are actually very nice all-rounders. Their Spider III series are simply trash though and have given them a bad rep and though their valve amps are tonal mid-points, it does mean if you want a really modern tone or a really vintage tone they're not going to quite reach that, and most people are after one specific type of tone, usually one of the two extremes.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by acesofbelkan
Woah why are you guys bashing the amp? What so crap about it?

It sounds pretty meh.

Get a used Flextone or Vetta, sometimes you can grab them for $300ish. They're infinitely better then a Spider.

Quote by acesofbelkan
Its a line-6 spider valve HD100 head...just look it up real quick on google...its a great sounding amp

If it's a Spider Valve, they sound much better at high volumes then other Spiders, and overall somewhat better.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 8, 2009,
Unless its a Flextone, Vetta, or Spider valve don't even think about it. Spider solid states ARE trash, and while they're ok for small scale rehershal, for gigging they sound like utter ass. I really wouldn't get a spider valve either, but they're atleast passable.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
if it was an HD 147 it'd be a different story.

but if we're talking about a spider HD100. well.. skip it. even if it drops to $200.

there's nothign wrong with the practice amps for well.. practice. but the 100 watt halfstacks just aren't worth your while.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Well, if the Spider Valve has a FX loop, it would make a nice power amp for a POD.

Mmm, Flexvalve.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by ILuvPillows?

Unfortunately, This band wagon is true. It's so digital that it hurts to hear it (the spyder III that is) I found a youtube video of a guy playing the same riffs, on the same settings of a Spyder III and Peavey vyper, and the Vyper sounded so much more authentic then the spyder, especially on the clean channel. The spyder gets more of a "tin" sound then the vyper which gets an overall smooth, well balanced tone. A big part of this is the fact that the vyper is one of the few modeling amps that has analog circuitry, while the line 6 is strictly digital. All that's digital on the vyper are the effects and such. While the gain and eq are analog. (correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but I do know that the vyper is analog at heart, while the spyder is strictly digital)
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by grayfox1001
Unfortunately, This band wagon is true. It's so digital that it hurts to hear it (the spyder III that is) I found a youtube video of a guy playing the same riffs, on the same settings of a Spyder III and Peavey vyper, and the Vyper sounded so much more authentic then the spyder, especially on the clean channel. The spyder gets more of a "tin" sound then the vyper which gets an overall smooth, well balanced tone. A big part of this is the fact that the vyper is one of the few modeling amps that has analog circuitry, while the line 6 is strictly digital. All that's digital on the vyper are the effects and such. While the gain and eq are analog. (correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but I do know that the vyper is analog at heart, while the spyder is strictly digital)

Except that the amp mentioned above is the Spider Valve...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Except that the amp mentioned above is the Spider Valve...

Thats why I said "The spyder III, That is"
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
I don't know much about amps, but I'm happy with my Spider III so far as a beginner, the sound and price. It sounds a **** load better than the previous amps I owned, but I guess that's not saying much.
Quote by grayfox1001

I think he was refferring to the fact that everyone was instantly bashing it because it was a Line 6, which is a band wagon. A few people agree that Spider 3's are bad (I don't think they're supposed to be of the best quality anyway, but I digress), and so a bunch of eavesdropping idiots trying to look like experts run around spouting off "LOL LIEN 6 R T3H FAYLE!!". Alot of these people have probably never played a Line 6 amp, let alone a Spider 3, which is sad.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by ILuvPillows?

I agree... I have a feeling that most people bashing line 6 have only tried/experienced a spider III or something (if that!). I see a lot of internet 'guitar gurus' who don't really seem to know what they're talking about, although OP should have been a bit more specific about the model.
Quote by grayfox1001

Link?
There's nothing wrong with Line 6.

The vetta and flextone are great amps. The spider is what gives them a terrible rep.

The spider is a practice amp, not a great one, but to any beginner its amazing. Most beginners won't notice any difference between that and the vypyr. 75 Watt spiders are a giant waste of money. The spider valves aren't bad, but not good. They are going for pretty cheap right now, I live in canada and long & macquade are selling the 112 combos for 499 CAD, pretty cheap. I wouldn't buy one still. The spiders are mediocre at best to someone with a semi developed ear. But to a beginner, its a great amp. Then again tone is subjective, but the majority of people that aren't beginners don't like the digital sound of the spider.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Dawnwalker

Example of someone that follows bandwagons and can't form an original opinion by themselves.
I don't follow bandwagons, and I think the spider series line 6's sound like crap. I cannot form an opinion on any other models as I've not heard them. But I've played through a few of the spider amps. 2 of the guitarists I have had in my band have used them. I'd say definitely nothing wrong with them if its just something to play on from time to time. But to play out regularly I think there are much better choices.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100