i cant play i am too slow and dont really know where the frets are and stuff
gr.Wil
WTF?
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

just practice, use the internet for learning resources (ie tabs on this very site), etc, and you'll get there eventually.

everyone has to start from scratch, it's not something you can just pick up and play like a rock god straight away. it takes work. and lots of it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Learn chords and stuff first, E, A, D, G etc...
My Gear:

2008 Squier Affinity Telecaster (Special Edition Butterscotch Blonde)
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Marshall MG15CD
Learn whatever you feel like learning, but try something easy from your favourite bands.
When I started I did stuff like Breaking the Law by Judas Priest.
You should try that one.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by valdean
Learn whatever you feel like learning, but try something easy from your favourite bands.
When I started I did stuff like Breaking the Law by Judas Priest.
You should try that one.

Another riff like this (Not the solo, that's for a late intermediate level I'd say) is Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction. Simple yet fun riffs, in fact the main one is the first riff I ever learned when I started playing
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
Hmm about SoD, the chorus might be a bit too hard, how about some good old AC/DC?
Military use of children?

Infantry.
When I started, I didn't know anything about guitar playing. I was slow and had no idea how to play the songs I liked. But I practiced playing everyday, and I stuck with it even when I played songs I had no taste for just because they were slow and I could do it--not that there aren't slow songs that I do like. Now I can play All Nightmare Long. I only started around Christmastime. But I found that All Nightmare Long isn't so much as hard as it is fast. Just practice every chance you get and you will be able to play the songs you love before you know it.
And Iron Man. Also, try to play with the original song when you've learned some main riffs, to get the feeling and rhythm right.
Gear :
Fender Stratocaster Made in Mexico

Amps :
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Marshall Lead 20
Fender Performer 1000

also what i've found helped

just coming up with random riffs like 0-0-0-0-0 *insert power chord* 0-0-0-0-0 *POWAH CHORD*

I mean it works for most metal bands / punk bands
Try Smoke on the Water every beginning guitarist plays that one, Every guitarist started at one time and they were not fast, I would suggest you look up scales and learn them, start slow with a metronome and build your speed up, every week or so or when your comfortable and or fast and accurate with the scale move on to the next. Plus scales are a good way to warm up your fingers and hands.
Quote by MyS3lF
Learn The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

cant beleive you said that, that was the 1st song i ever learned lol

I say, just look at tabs for some songs, and keep playing the songs you like. Doesnt matter if they not the right speed for now, that should come quite naturally. If you play the song enough, you will memorise it and know where you fingers should be and know where the frets are thereby increasing the speed. Also you can watch vids. on youtube, sometimes it has helped me.
Go to this site for some tabs, Google or Youtube for some tips and tricks, and try learning "The trooper" by Iron Maiden (not the solo), "Smells like teen spirit" by nirvana or....... Something by the Ramones
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by BoL7z
also what i've found helped

just coming up with random riffs like 0-0-0-0-0 *insert power chord* 0-0-0-0-0 *POWAH CHORD*

I mean it works for most metal bands / punk bands

sad but true, lol.
Just start off slow and learn the song first. If you own a metronome, start playing the song at a slow speed and work your way up. If you mess up a note, go back to the speed you started on.