We've started studying Dead Poets Society in English, one of my favourite movies and it's beginning to interest me in poetry.

Can anyone suggest any good sites or forums or anything with a good collection of established poets or anything?
Something with tips or ideas on how to get the best out of what I can write myself perhaps?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Read Bukowski
Copy Bukowski
Make tons of money
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
A lady, heavily veiled and weary
Came softly and knocked on your door-
“I come from the burning earth, the Warsaw Ghetto,
My clothes torn, my eyebrows singed and my lips bloodied.”

Yeah, man. Check out some Rachel Korn.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
John Cooper Clarke the punk poet and bard of salford can beat any poncy 18th century poets anyone else can think up
The Raven by Edgar Alan Poe.
Gear :
Fender Stratocaster Made in Mexico

Amps :
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Marshall Lead 20
Fender Performer 1000

Quote by dunda130
We've started studying Dead Poets Society in English, one of my favourite movies and it's beginning to interest me in poetry.

Can anyone suggest any good sites or forums or anything with a good collection of established poets or anything?
Something with tips or ideas on how to get the best out of what I can write myself perhaps?

Tool Lyrics
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
you realize we have a songwriting & lyrics forum that has a lot of resources for poetry writing/reading, right? probably a good idea to start there, and post a similar thread in the techniques subforum if you can't find an answer by browsing threads already there.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Nicky Tuna
The Raven by Edgar Alan Poe.

you have great taste, love that poem

is there anything better than a edgar allen poe poem read by vincent price?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
That robert frost poem

"I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

Also, "My Little One" by Tennessee Williams
Quote by Karvid
Read Bukowski
Copy Bukowski
Make tons of money

why are Bukowski's poems even widely appreciated anyway? I don't know what's so special about them other than them being neo-modern word wankerings.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny
why are Bukowski's poems even widely appreciated anyway? I don't seem what's so special about them other than them being neo-modern word wankerings.

Because of his depressing self-loathing/insane ego. That one poem about his own death was great.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Because of his depressing self-loathing/insane ego. That one poem about his own death was great.

ahhh, the modern man's angst

what was the poem called?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian