I got A crap Ass Amp called WA15W from Washburn and an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.Ive been Playing for a year and I need A Cheap pedal...Ummm I Was Thinking...

ZOOM G1X or
POD 2.0

I dont know a lot of stuff about Pods but i know its pretty Cool...
My Budget is About 70-80 Euros Maximum...

So What do u suggest???

Thanks anyways
I once wanted to buy that pedal. But the guy from the shop told me that the expression pedal would break withing 6 months... i asked him to let me demo it anyways and guess what? The expression pedal didn't even worked from the start...lol. besides that the effects didnt seem too bad but rather buy a boss multi fx or single effects (as you often don't end up using all the effects).
Quote by slash-120
There's the problem, fix that first .

+1

Look into cheap valve amps.
amp before pedals brah.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by Aidy Damage
+1

That's stupid in this case. If you're on a tight budget and learning to play, a multi-fx unit is much more useful to you than a tube amp

Either of those two will be fine, personally I'd probably got for the POD.
The POD will sound like arse through a crappy practice amp. Do you have any idea of what you're talking about?

Look into Blackheart for amps, or Crate's V series- they both do small, affordable valve combos.
Quote by kyle62
That's stupid in this case. If you're on a tight budget and learning to play, a multi-fx unit is much more useful to you than a tube amp

Either of those two will be fine, personally I'd probably got for the POD.

That's debatable. i wasted a good month messing with dials and setting until i realized what good is this stuff if i can't play a lick. Set everything at 12 o'clock except the volume for a year. I can play now.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by Aidy Damage
+1

no. buying cheap amps got him into this. cheap amps are cheap amps, doesnt matter if there are transistors in it, tubes in it, or magic fairy dust.

buy an affordable amp of decent quality, the best that you can afford. doesnt matter if its tube or solid state, as long as its a good quality amp that you like to tone of.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Aidy Damage
The POD will sound like arse through a crappy practice amp. Do you have any idea of what you're talking about?

Look into Blackheart for amps, or Crate's V series- they both do small, affordable valve combos.

The little 6 inch cheapo speaker on a practice amp will sound fine with modellers,and you could even plug a POD into a set of speakers or headphones.
If you're just starting out, learning to play, and don't intend to be gigging for a while, versatility is considerably more important than 'tube tone'.
Your ear probably wouldn't be developed enough to hear the tonal differences yet anyway.

When someone says 'this is what I need, my budget is €80', the answer is not 'save up and buy a tube amp'
A lot of the time you need to explain to someone why what they think they need is actually a bad idea: but if not, answer their question properly or GTFO.

If you can stretch your budget to a 15W Roland Cube, Laney Prism, Peavey Vypyr or Vox Valvetronix, that'd be ideal. If not, a POD is an excellent choice.
you should upgrade your amp, it would make a lot more sense in the long run. If you have a cheap amp with garbage speakers, then it will sound bad, no matter what pedal you use

but in any case, I'm going to answer your question anyway

Boss DS-1
If you feel comfortable to mod it using guides on the internet, you can get a lot more fun out of it

Digitech Grunge
The most expensive out of my suggestions, has a brutal amount of gain, but only a 2-band EQ.

Behringer GDI21
One of the better and lesser known Behringer products. Models clean and distorted amp sounds. Also functions as a Direct-Inject box, which is useful if you ever need one (allows you to play through a PA speaker system)
Sturdy steel construction, unlike the other behringer pedals, which are made of plastic

Behringer Distortion-X
Good pedal for 80s metal. Has a 2-band EQ Labeled "Contour" and "Punch." Which is simply-put, Mids and Treble, respectively. Very unique EQ, excellent high end response, as you may have guessed. But the low end from this pedal is horrible.
Excellent for 80s Metallica, Poison, old-school death metal, Iron Maiden
Horrible for "modern-sounding" bands like 90s Metallica, Hoobastank, Korn, Incubus.
Made of plastic, so go easy on it

Behringer Ultra-Metal
Surprisingly good metal pedal with a 4 band EQ. Simply put: a Boss Metal Zone ripoff, with slightly more Treble response and less Bass response. Again, made of plastic, so don't be too rough with it.

Behringer Blues Overdrive
Ripoff of the Boss Blues Driver, but with more gain. A few people I know who have this pedal really like it. Again, made of plastic.

oh, and one more thing. The other Behringer distortion pedals like Super Metal, Heavy Metal, Vintage distortion, hell-babe, or acoustic modeler, are garbage. Most people will tell you that everything Behringer makes is junk, and it's true that some of it is. But the Behringer pedals I've suggested are the diamonds in the rough.

Same goes for digitech too. Their other cheap high-gain pedal, the Death-Metal, is absolute crap.

hope that helps
Quote by argentotenebre
you should upgrade your amp, it would make a lot more sense in the long run. If you have a cheap amp with garbage speakers, then it will sound bad, no matter what pedal you use

but in any case, I'm going to answer your question anyway

Boss DS-1
If you feel comfortable to mod it using guides on the internet, you can get a lot more fun out of it

Digitech Grunge
The most expensive out of my suggestions, has a brutal amount of gain, but only a 2-band EQ.

Behringer GDI21
One of the better and lesser known Behringer products. Models clean and distorted amp sounds. Also functions as a Direct-Inject box, which is useful if you ever need one (allows you to play through a PA speaker system)
Sturdy steel construction, unlike the other behringer pedals, which are made of plastic

Behringer Distortion-X
Good pedal for 80s metal. Has a 2-band EQ Labeled "Contour" and "Punch." Which is simply-put, Mids and Treble, respectively. Very unique EQ, excellent high end response, as you may have guessed. But the low end from this pedal is horrible.
Excellent for 80s Metallica, Poison, old-school death metal, Iron Maiden
Horrible for "modern-sounding" bands like 90s Metallica, Hoobastank, Korn, Incubus.
Made of plastic, so go easy on it

Behringer Ultra-Metal
Surprisingly good metal pedal with a 4 band EQ. Simply put: a Boss Metal Zone ripoff, with slightly more Treble response and less Bass response. Again, made of plastic, so don't be too rough with it.

Behringer Blues Overdrive
Ripoff of the Boss Blues Driver, but with more gain. A few people I know who have this pedal really like it. Again, made of plastic.

oh, and one more thing. The other Behringer distortion pedals like Super Metal, Heavy Metal, Vintage distortion, hell-babe, or acoustic modeler, are garbage. Most people will tell you that everything Behringer makes is junk, and it's true that some of it is. But the Behringer pedals I've suggested are the diamonds in the rough.

Same goes for digitech too. Their other cheap high-gain pedal, the Death-Metal, is absolute crap.

hope that helps

I have experience with the Behringer Blues OD, and I can personally say that when used... The volume drops to the point where you have to crank the amp back up, the tone is terrible and buzzy and gives very little variety in buzz...

Perhaps the pedal was broken, but it sucked (It had a new battery, AND was hooked up to a daisy chain).

Honestly, I'd recommned getting something to hook up to your computer, this way you can use some really neat-o amp modelling software.

Check out some Line6 Toneport products, some of which are pretty cheap and come with all you need for good, quiet practice.
Check out the Digitech processors you can get the RP155 for around 100 bux... it'll be around 80 in euros... it also has got a USB connection so...

their awesome.. i have the RP250.. and im going to update either to RP255 or RP355 (i just have a good opportunity to update without spending any additional cent
Last edited by vigenharutyunya at Aug 8, 2009,
go to guitarcenter.com and look at the danalectro FAB series of pedals. not terribly good quality, but they're about 15 bucks a peice and they get the job done.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Can Anyone Explain First What A tube Amp is :P???

Oh and Btw i wanted a pod for all the sounds I could get out of it
What this dude needs is a SPIDER III!

All jokes aside, what is your goal with playing? Amps are the way to go, if you can afford it, and you understand that your going to want a new one every time you see one. Personally, I would pick Guitar quality over Amp quality any day of the week, amps come and go, but a classic well made american guitar can actually appreciate in value, can the same be said for an amp?

You will get an great amp when the times right, and you know what it is that you need. If you dont have any idea what Tubes are, you dont need them. Yet.

If youve got money burning a hole in your pocket, and you dont need/want an amp, get a Digitech Modeler, or a nice couple of Boss Pedals to mess around with. You can check the Pawn shops and craigslist for a great amp. There was a guy moving the other day and had to offload a Peavey XXL Head, had it up for 200 bucks. Regular patroling of your city/regions CL may yield some great results, in due time.

For now, find something to play tHe bR00taLz with and have a great time doing it.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by vigenharutyunya
well the tube amp is based on Tubes... like the tubes amplify the signal.. to be short...
TUbe amps got the best sound quility ever found on guitar amps...

and they are stronger.... Tube amp 30 watt = 60 watt SS amp

That is debatable. I know quite a few SS amps that i like better and sound better than some tube amps. Tubes aren't Gods gift to guitarists

Also, a watt is a watt. 30 watt tube = 30 watt solid state.
Its just that tube amps are perceived louder by the ear.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
Check out the Digitech processors you can get the RP155 for around 100 bux... it'll be around 80 in euros... it also has got a USB connection so...

their awesome.. i have the RP250.. and im going to update either to RP255 or RP355 (i just have a good opportunity to update without spending any additional cent

+1, I've had an RP300A for years now and it was great for practice with headphones and even recording at times. You can get enough tones out of it to have loads of fun with it, if you can afford it then it would be perfect for a beginner like yourself.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
that's waht i meant by wattage.. the same thing is said in All you want to know about Tube amps thread.. i guess

hmmm as for SS vs Tube.. you compare the best SS and the best Tube and you know who'll win... dont you??

you cant just say the best SS is better than a random Tube amp...

hmmm as for other good idea to explain the Tube amps.. are that when you play SS your tone aint bad.... when you crank it up it goes bad...
when you have a tube amp you are like "mmm nice tone".. you crank it up and you get in some ****ts.. couse it sounds so ****ing awesome you want to play cranked up all the time.. and that's the problem.it sombie-fie you with it's "Nice merchandise" ! lol...
and you put a booster pedal infronta it and your 30 watt amp can turn into a "louder then ever" amp... haha which cant be done on SS amps cause most definately yo'll get "worse then never" haha

to edbert.. yeah Digitech'sthe best MFX pedal brand!!! they are awesome...

buy it and you wont regret.. the prices gotdown actually this year.. so RP250 costs only 130 bux... and it's from metal!!!

PS Ive been +1-ed
Quote by nightraven
-1'd

t.c. electronic's rack multi fx are farrr better than the digitech stuff

+1, kinda goes without saying imo
Quote by jc349
That is debatable. I know quite a few SS amps that i like better and sound better than some tube amps. Tubes aren't Gods gift to guitarists

Also, a watt is a watt. 30 watt tube = 30 watt solid state.
Its just that tube amps are perceived louder by the ear.

im sorry but first things first before you start confuzing people 30watt tube =/= 30 watt solid state for the simple reason that 30 watts is a measure of electructy/ power conductance rather than sound. 30 watts of power drivin by tube sound = a certain amount of DB of sound while a 30 watt solid state drivin by elctronics etc is less DB of sound than tube.
~Defiant~
At the budget level of the TS, he might as well buy a USB plug-in like the TonePort and run his signal through a computer processor.

Alternatively this...
http://www.usbband.com/rockfrog.htm

Yes running his guitar signal through computer modellers is a stop-gap measure, but at least its affordable and he will be able to get better tones than through the practice amp.

It comes with a modeller, I can't recall which. Also, there are tons of threads which suggest free computer modellers.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Aurex
im sorry but first things first before you start confuzing people 30watt tube =/= 30 watt solid state for the simple reason that 30 watts is a measure of electructy/ power conductance rather than sound. 30 watts of power drivin by tube sound = a certain amount of DB of sound while a 30 watt solid state drivin by elctronics etc is less DB of sound than tube.

WTF? No. 30W tube, through the same speaker, would put out the same volume as 30W SS. The reason tube amps are louder is because they can be used in clipping and sound good, putting out more wattage than their RMS. So while a 30W SS amp can only put out 30W without sounding like ass and burning up, a 30W tube amp could conceivably put out over 100W and still sound musical. (heavily overdriven, but musical)
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Aug 11, 2009,