as the name suggests i am looking for a new guitar, i play a bit of every thing but this guitar is for just metal, death metal, metalcore, i love playing kse, lamb of god all that remains, parkway drive, metallica pritty much any thing metal. i have a line 6 spider 3 75w amp.

i am looking at a couple of guitars, i am not fussy about shape or brand. I am in aus so prices are a little more expensive. i have a local music store but i doesn't have a lot in the price range i am looking at, hopfully i can try it there and then buy it online

esp V-401DX
esp EC-1000FR

schecter v-1 fr
schecter hellraiser c1 fr

any suggestions or comments would be helpful, i was looking at Jackson but there is a lot of mixed messages i have been reading. and i know this question gets asked jsut about every 5 min on here so thank you in advanced for you replys. about 1500 aus is my limit.
Get a new amp first.

After you got a new amp, I'd go for a Jackson.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by LordPino
Get a new amp first.

I say +1 to this, but I really suggest you stop looking online for what looks the coolest, and instead just go out and try every guitar, regardless of how it looks, and find what feels the best. Picking a guitar for the aesthetics is like choosing a Ford Pinto over a Mustang Cobra just because it was painted black with blue flames -_-;;
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Quote by LordPino
Get a new amp first.

jackson ftw.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by thepagesaretorn
I say +1 to this, but I really suggest you stop looking online for what looks the coolest, and instead just go out and try every guitar, regardless of how it looks, and find what feels the best. Picking a guitar for the aesthetics is like choosing a Ford Pinto over a Mustang Cobra just because it was painted black with blue flames -_-;;

Yeah, I agree. Don't buy guitars by their looks. It's why people buy BC Rich Bronze series guitars.
Don't buy because of the name either, that's how people get their Marshall MG series.

IMO, best thing for you to do is to get a decent tube amp combo, a decent distortion pedal and a Jackson( or maybe Ibanez).

Quote by Hoodoo Child
jackson ftw.

EDIT:
Yeah, I'm a bit of a hypocrite saying 'Don't buy because of the name, but do get a Jackson', but I have yet to see a Jackson guitar that isn't of good quality and price. Atleast not within your budget.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Last edited by LordPino at Aug 8, 2009,
I would like to meet the people who gave the Jacksons mixed reviews....

Anyway- I'd try a Jackson Dinky, or a used soloist in that price range. They really are great guitars from the midrange up. Also- the Ibanez RG series is pretty nasty, especially in the higher end of the product spectrum
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Definitely a new amp first. Get a good combo tube amp, (Maybe a Valveking? With a OD in it, it can do metal. Not super duper well, but it can do it.) and then like everyone else said, get a Jackson, or an ESP.

The EC is nice, but get the one without the Trem (Kinda like mine.)

But yeah, mixed reviews on a Jackson? Wth. My KVX10 play pretty damn good.
^ the guy said he liked killswitch and metallica: why wouldnt he get a trem?

and regarding amps, get something boutique level or similar (to where it'll be the last amp you get in life). If you cant afford it, save up for it. Don't lollygag yourself by constantly having to one-up your gear and waste precious cash along the way. You have an amp that works; abuse it until you get your dream amp.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Quote by thepagesaretorn
^ the guy said he liked killswitch and metallica: why wouldnt he get a trem?

and regarding amps, get something boutique level or similar (to where it'll be the last amp you get in life). If you cant afford it, save up for it. Don't lollygag yourself by constantly having to one-up your gear and waste precious cash along the way. You have an amp that works; abuse it until you get your dream amp.

Because the EC has a Licensed Floyd, not a Real Floyd, if I remember correctly. Licensed Floyds aren't really that great.

Agreed on the boutique amp part, but if he lives in a city or apartment or anything like that, he might have to keep turned down a bit.
Quote by SMB13
Because the EC has a Licensed Floyd, not a Real Floyd, if I remember correctly. Licensed Floyds aren't really that great.

Agreed on the boutique amp part, but if he lives in a city or apartment or anything like that, he might have to keep turned down a bit.

Then get a better guitar that has the better trem. It's similar to the amp thing; dont buy a guitar that's halfassed if you already have a guitar that AT LEAST WORKS. It's not worth it to keep leveling up in guitars when you can get it all over with with a few great guitars. Also, dont buy a guitar that needs modification; get a guitar that's already to your specifications.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
ty all for the input and replies so quickly, i agree with the buy what feels best hence me saying i am looking online (working out of town atm so net is my only way to look atm) for a bit then going to the store to have a play and looks come into it no matter who you are, i want to play something that feels awesome and looks good .... to me any way, i though most of you might say about the amp since that is the general consensus. looking at Jackson's now too^^
B.c Rich Ironbird is my recommendation, one of the few "metal" guitars that I really like.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by SMB13

Not really like the FRT-1000 is pretty much an OFR except it's built in Korea and not Germany.

And another vote for the new amp bit you might be able to score a used Engl thunder/screamer 50 combo for just $1500aud.
Quote by SMB13

Not all liscensed floyds are bad, all Ibanez tremelos, Schaller and Jackson tremelos are also pretty good.

Anyways, I love the feel of Jacksons (I also love playing Ibanez's, although I don't have one), mainly because of the thin necks. If you can deal with them, you'll have a quality instrument in your hands, although ESP isn't bad either.

If you want to improve your tone, get a new amp, but you've got to remember that you're playing THE GUITAR. If a guitar fails to be reliable, comfortable or inspiring, then you should get a new guitar.
Quote by tweeb
B.c Rich Ironbird is my recommendation, one of the few "metal" guitars that I really like.

-.-

Anyway man go for a new amp first, trust me so many people think the sound comes from the guitar but it definitely doesn't come from the guitar as much as the amp
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
-.-

Anyway man go for a new amp first, trust me so many people think the sound comes from the guitar but it definitely doesn't come from the guitar as much as the amp

What? He asked for a metal guitar and I recommended him a good metal guitar that I like.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah