I've spent about 6 months doing pentatonic scales, I can do them fast but to me I think I'm playing real sloppy, there's no unwanted notes and no muted notes but lots of little buzzes in between, some from the pick scratching a bit on the strings and some from the string buzzing when I relax or fret. But I slow down the metronome to the minimum setting, and the noises are still there, maybe 1/20 times I can go from one note to the next without any of it. I'm playing bridge pickup and all the most sensitivve amp settings.
I know you cant hear what it actually sounds like but from what I've said is this something that you can get over and just takes lots of practice, or is it just a badly set up squier with no other instruments going to cover up some slop? I'm interested in learning some jazz guitar and that's got just about no unwanted sound so that's why i try to get it perfect but if I was actually playing on a recording or performing would this just be inaudible?
It could just be noise from your pickups or cable?
Gear :
Fender Stratocaster Made in Mexico

Amps :
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Marshall Lead 20
Fender Performer 1000

Buy new cables maybe? Or get a gate?

Try doing it at guitar center with different gear.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
No I know that it's coming from fret buzz and pick rubbing against the strings, just I can't find a way to stop it, no matter how slowly and carefully I try.
Quote by tom1thomas1
No I know that it's coming from fret buzz and pick rubbing against the strings, just I can't find a way to stop it, no matter how slowly and carefully I try.

Fingerpick then.

And its problem with guitar, not technique if its fret buzz, You might need to adjust your truss rod or recut your nut or something.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car