Hey guys, how humid and how long would a guitar have to be outside before it gets damaged? The little meter thing reads about 66, but that was inside my house, so it was probably more in the low to mid 70's outside. I was only outside (In the garage) playing for about 30 minutes.

I know it probably wasn't out there long enough to hurt it, but I'd like to know for future reference. That, and my amp stays out in the garage, but I ghetto shield it with a blanket when not in use. Hopefully the humidity won't bother it, either.
To the best of my knowledge it isn't harmful. Quick humidity changes may throw you out of tune, but I think that's it.

Now, acoustic on the other hand... Humidity = very bad.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
To the best of my knowledge it isn't harmful. Quick humidity changes may throw you out of tune, but I think that's it.

Now, acoustic on the other hand... Humidity = very bad.

I thought humidity could warp your neck, or swell the body if it's too humid/too dry?
Yes, but those are for extremes and unprotected woods, like acoustics. Your whole guitar is covered in a finish lacquer if it's electric, so it's safe. The neck should be oiled and moisturized anyway, so it won't be that bad for it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars