It would appear that there ISN'T an up-to-date thread on them here. (I know, right? I even looked on all 8 pages!)

http://www.myspace.com/architectsuk

I like them. Many others like them. If you do not like them, please don't act like a total douche by flaming unnecessarily. Merely discuss in a civilised manner.

Discuss anything Architects related here.
Last edited by Valderama at Aug 8, 2009,
i havent heard any of their songs but my girlfriend tells me that they are a good band

any good songs u can recommend me?
Quote by catalan123
i havent heard any of their songs but my girlfriend tells me that they are a good band

any good songs u can recommend me?

Literally anything of the new album, that being HOLLOW CROWN.
Follow the water / Early Grave / Dethroned are all sick songs, early grave has a video on youtube, check it.

Alternatively check their myspace.
I wonder who Architects US are. :p
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Sounds like they could be good, but definitely not hardcore. lol
Quote by Jackal58
To clear up the confusion, Architects (uk) is a metalcore band. Architects (us) is apparently a rock band. Architect (notice there's no plurality) is a hardcore band signed to Black Market Activities who is one of the heavier bands I've ever heard.
Architects UK are pretty good. I like Hollow Crown.

Thing is, Architects and Architect annoys me as much as Attack! Attack! and Attack Attack!
Quote by skinnyeddy

Thing is, Architects and Architect annoys me as much as Attack! Attack! and Attack Attack!

Yes
Theres also a band The Architects
Quote by skinnyeddy
Architects UK are pretty good. I like Hollow Crown.

Napster has the two Attack bands down as the same band.
Quote by Jackal58
I love Early Grave. But the lead singer sounds an awful lot like Oli Sykes in that song as well as some others.
Quote by .Wretch.
I love Early Grave. But the lead singer sounds an awful lot like Oli Sykes in that song as well as some others.

Compare Suicide Season to Hollow Crown, then compare Count Your Blessings to Ruin.

BMTH have shifted their sound moar.
Oli said himself that he wanted to sound more like Architects, his vocal style in particular. The bands happen to be good friends.
I really like Hollow Crown, one of the better albums that came out early this year. Gets boring after a while though.
Quote by Tallman
Compare Suicide Season to Hollow Crown, then compare Count Your Blessings to Ruin.

I know. I meant the actual vocals sound really similar.
i dug em a lot at first, that have unison and technical sound that's awesome. but they're tunning is really dissonant and gets old.
I really like Sam's cleans. His screams are a bit dire. Acceptable, but i prefer screamy screams instead of a more shouted one.
Quote by Redy2Rage
i dug em a lot at first, that have unison and technical sound that's awesome. but they're tunning is really dissonant and gets old.

*tuning
And drop B is, if anything, a less dissonant tuning, even than standard. I guess you mean playing?
Quote by MustangMan311
*tuning
And drop B is, if anything, a less dissonant tuning, even than standard. I guess you mean playing?

+1

Plus they mix their tunings up, especially on Hollow Crown, which is cool.
I believe early grave is in G#? and In elegance is in C#.
Quote by Magero
They do. Some of the tracks on Hollow Crown at least are in a weird hybrid of drop B and G#.

is that legal?
Quote by Magero
They do. Some of the tracks on Hollow Crown at least are in a weird hybrid of drop B and G#.

This would make sense if they used seven strings, because everything would be three half steps down except for the low B. But they use sixes, don't they?
Last edited by MustangMan311 at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by MustangMan311
This would make sense if they used seven strings, because everything would be three half steps down except for the low B. But they use sixes, don't they?

Yep, LTD ec-1000's and mh-1000's
Last edited by Meatball200 at Aug 10, 2009,
crap compared to Architect, at least IMO
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
They used a Diezel VH4 with a Diezel cab on Hollow Crown, and I meant they only use 6 strings live.
Quote by Tallman

thats right

i think hollow crown is their best effort to date

Quote by nashawa
Demon(s) is on Guitar Hero 5???????????

Sweet Zombie Jesus!
Great Odin's Beard!
Sweet Mexican Santa!

I have a reason to buy GH5 now...

Quote by MustangMan311
Jazz bass solo? YESSSSS.

See, i dont like HC much now that I look back over it. Too much over-reliance on D-beats and chordy ****.

That said, Dethroned has an AMAZING clean vocal. And the inclusion of the rerecording of To The Death made it worth it.

Ruin > Nightmares > Hollow Crown
Quote by Tallman
See, i dont like HC much now that I look back over it. Too much over-reliance on D-beats and chordy ****.

That said, Dethroned has an AMAZING clean vocal. And the inclusion of the rerecording of To The Death made it worth it.

Ruin > Nightmares > Hollow Crown

That's the thing, in my opinion, Architects are one of the few bands who don't rely on generic HxC / Deathcore rif***e. They are good songwriters and wicked musicians.
Going to see these tomorrow with Parkway and Augest burns red

Should be good.
This band is pretty damn good live. Although maybe it was just the thought of Misery Signals coming up later getting me all stoked. That said, Ruin is way better than Hollow Crown and Nightmares.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Pretty good live.
Only played new stuff, which was fine by me.
In no specific order

Early Grave
Follow The Water
Left With A Last Minute
Dethroned
Numbers Count For Nothing
In Elegance
We're All Alone

edit: And I'm fairly certain they played Borrowed Time, could be wrong.
Last edited by Magero at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by Valderama
That's the thing, in my opinion, Architects are one of the few bands who don't rely on generic HxC / Deathcore rif***e. They are good songwriters and wicked musicians.

I read somewhere (or maybe in a vid interview) that Tom Searle, the lead guitarist, wrote basically ALL their stuff, which is really ****ing impressive. That they were 16-18 when writing Nightmares is also pretty mental.

Quote by Meatball200
They used a Diezel VH4 with a Diezel cab on Hollow Crown, and I meant they only use 6 strings live.

I'm not sure about this, but I think they used both a VH4 and a 6505+, primarily the Diezel though. ****ing sick tone anyway.