I moved my 5150 combo into a practice space.
This is my old setup vs my new setup. One whole side of my office/studio is dead space. The Blacstar fits nice into the corner.

Old..

New..
cool.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
awesome. not only is that stuff great for the office, but that 5150 must sound like sex at practice
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I want that blackstar.

I got the thing for $430.

I bought the full stack just on an impulse after trying it @ GC. When I got home, I noticed they sold it in a half stack (i actually dont really care for the extra cab)... and they also sold the cab seperate. I paid more than if I had bought them seperately. I went in and talked to them about it. They gave me the seperate pricing AND the web-only 20% off coupon.

So when all was said and done, I paid $430.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
awesome. not only is that stuff great for the office, but that 5150 must sound like sex at practice

The other guitarist has a MG100... and it sounds really good. I was surprised because of all the bashing I hear about that amp on here.
Quote by 667
I got the thing for $430.

I bought the full stack just on an impulse after trying it @ GC. When I got home, I noticed they sold it in a half stack (i actually dont really care for the extra cab)... and they also sold the cab seperate. I paid more than if I had bought them seperately. I went in and talked to them about it. They gave me the seperate pricing AND the web-only 20% off coupon.

So when all was said and done, I paid $430.

Lucky bastard. Yeah I ought to get me that mini-stack.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by 667
The other guitarist has a MG100... and it sounds really good. I was surprised because of all the bashing I hear about that amp on here.

my other guitarist has a metal zone into a fender frontman... and it sounds really really bad. i wasn't suprised because of all the bashing i hear about that amp and pedal on here.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
my other guitarist has a metal zone into a fender frontman... and it sounds really really bad. i wasn't suprised because of all the bashing i hear about that amp and pedal on here.

Why don't you sell your Crate and other cab? It would clear some space.
i want the blackstar and the schecter
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
im getting the blackstar soon well 3 or 4 months meant to be for xmas:P

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
^I try to sound as heavy as possible mostly all the time.
My comfort zone is 80's thrash/punk/hardcore. If I could emulatite anybody's sound, it would be Slayer or the Haunted.

My friends tell me it's brutal... but they know nothing about metal in the first place, so they don't mean it in a good way.

I'm lucky tho because thrash is back in a big way. Im so glad.
Quote by 667
^I try to sound as heavy as possible mostly all the time.
My comfort zone is 80's thrash/punk/hardcore. If I could emulatite anybody's sound, it would be Slayer or the Haunted.

My friends tell me it's brutal... but they know nothing about metal in the first place, so they don't mean it in a good way.

I'm lucky tho because thrash is back in a big way. Im so glad.

I'm very into classic metal and I'm glad that the whole metal scene is making a big come back - it makes me appreciate my rig a lot more
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

That use to be my old setup. I agree, it sounded really bad.

Very nice rig you have there TS!