Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding pick-up (which will be referred to as PU from now on) modification. I've recently bought myself a Schecter omen-6 Extreme TSB, which came with 2 stock Schecter PUs which I am going to replace with a Seymour Duncan SH-2 in the neck, and an SD SH-8 in the bridge position.

Now the thing I'm actually curious about is the coil-tap function. As far as I've checked, neither the SH-2 nor SH-8 have a coil-tap function which the stock-PUs had. Now, since the coil-tap function would become obsolete when I get the new PUs, I was wondering if it's possible to somehow rewire that function into a killswitch function?

Thanks in advance,
ItWillDo.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

well yeah I think it would be quite a simple process, I mean all it does is stop any signal from coming from the guitar
Those two pickups you mentioned both are 4 conductor, so you can coil split them (split not tap, we're not talking single coils). Therefore the coil split is not obselete.
Quote by supergerbil
Those two pickups you mentioned both are 4 conductor, so you can coil split them (split not tap, we're not talking single coils). Therefore the coil split is not obselete.

I just checked the wiring diagram and you're right. Thanks, but I'm still thinking of making it into a killswitch anyway. I use it far more often than the split-function.

And yeah I tend to use tap & split in the same meaning, sorry about that.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

I think an actuall button would be faster than having to pull the pot up and down
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI