what im mainly talking about is the actual fret bits... the small metal line that sticks out, i usually use regular slinky strings and ive noticed that it begins to feel "scratchy" when i bend the strings. XL, extra light guitar strings are being used on my lone star strat and ive noticed it feels alot cleaner to bend a string...

any help?
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I lol'd at the title.

But after a while, the frets can wear a bit. And we are talking a LONG time here.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
no biggie though, you can get them re filed and polished
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
pretty strange, mabye just dirty.
lol aye i suppose the title does look dumb, sorry xD
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Quote by mashedpotatoes
Yes, strings CAN damage a guitar. So leave all of your guitars unstrung...

this man seems to be on to something
you could get them refilled and what not, but it happened on an old beater I had and i said screw it and ripped out the fret bars so i made myself a fretless guitar which sounds amazing when Im doing jazz
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
might need a fret dress my jem has just had 1 yesterday £50 with a full setup included
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 8, 2009,
i was unstringing my guitar and when i was pullin the string out through the hole(string thru), the curve on the end of the string scratched the finish. worst part about that was that i just got the guitar the day before. so technically, strings can damage the guitar.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
The amount of fret wear is influenced by how you or the person that owned it before you played. I have an acoustic that I bought 6 or seven years ago and it has noticeable slots in some frets. I used big strings and play hard.
Fret wire can be damaged yes. Quality guitars often use better materials then cheaper ones, unless they all use a common, cheap metal.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
All my frets have flat spots on them after about 3-4 months.
Then I lemon oil the fretboard, use some steel wool and restring.

Good as new (almost).
Quote by randomhero93
i was unstringing my guitar and when i was pullin the string out through the hole(string thru), the curve on the end of the string scratched the finish. worst part about that was that i just got the guitar the day before. so technically, strings can damage the guitar.

Scientists at NASA have recently discovered a new tool called WIRECUTTERS.

Also, the scratching feeling is probably more due to your unwound strings corroding due to the acid in your perspiration. Unless you can clearly see the fret has flattened, or has grooves in it, you probably could remedy it by simply changing strings.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
yes strings can actually damage frets metals if you dont change them when its time...about that scrachies you are talking about its nothing...just change strings in time,regular time for new strings is about 20 hours of playing
Quote by mashedpotatoes
Yes, strings CAN damage a guitar. So leave all of your guitars unstrung...
hahahahaha nice idea
ive seen the bass side of a fret get deep scratches in them from a death grip, it looks quite disgusting.

you may just need a fret polishing, it can do wonders to your bends/vibrato at times.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson