You'd have been better off forgetting about pickups and spending the extra money on an RG1570, the Edge 3 bridge isn't very good. Also, why are you worrying about pickups when you don't even have the guitar yet
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
dimarzio's
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
dimarzio...... air norton in bridge, x2n in neck, and whatever your preference is for the middle position.
Quote by Leezy
dimarzio...... air norton in bridge, x2n in neck, and whatever your preference is for the middle position.

X2N in the neck? thatd give you a crazy overpowered neck p/u with an underpowered bridge.
kinda flies in the face of tradition.
Well, IF you decide that the pickups aren't to your liking ( have to try them out for a few months before you know what you dislike) then i would like you to get a Bareknuckle Abraxis in the neck please. You can then post your review of it after a few months of gruelling tests through different amps/settings/styles of playing, this will help me decide whether i would like this pickup.

..you can leave now. Come back on when you're done.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Aug 8, 2009,
im doing a show where ill get around $500... so i figured i can buy it an upgrade it... what S would you suggest thats the same price? ok so dimarzio air norton in the bridge and x2n in the neck will give me an underpowered bridge? i kinda play with the switch relying most on the bridge lol
What amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by M09868
im doing a show where ill get around $500... so i figured i can buy it an upgrade it... what S would you suggest thats the same price? ok so dimarzio air norton in the bridge and x2n in the neck will give me an underpowered bridge? i kinda play with the switch relying most on the bridge lol

If you're willing to go second hand (ebay) you can regularly find really great S series going for around that price. Maybe a S470(with change after)? they are the standard line and with the ZR trem feel great...will you get the Abraxis now?
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by M09868

im saying the x2n is traditionally put in the bridge, and the air norton isn't as high powered so its a weird combo.
All the S's come with nice bridges so just choose one, and unless you have a good amp dont spend money on p/us
um amp... right... crappy 10 watt lol.... but where i play they got a good one.. idk which it is though... also if the x2n in the neck and air norton in the bridge gives it an underpowered bridge couldnt i just put the x2n in the bridge and the other in the neck? for a reverse effect?
Quote by M09868
um amp... right... crappy 10 watt lol.... but where i play they got a good one.. idk which it is though... also if the x2n in the neck and air norton in the bridge gives it an underpowered bridge couldnt i just put the x2n in the bridge and the other in the neck? for a reverse effect?

thats the way they should be, if those are the p/us you want.
what is this 'good amp'? and do you get to use it anywhere else but this one venue?
There's really no point changing pickups for the sake of it, you'd be better off saving your money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

the place i play my guitar the most has some peavey amp that goes from the floor to the top of my stomach... the 10 watt is to just chill in my room... which im upgrading very soon
sorry i actually had my post backwards. i meant x2n in the bridge and air norton in the neck. although now that i think about it... we could be on to something in terms of embracing full harmonic overtones at the lower end of the sonic spectrum
i guess ill get the air norton and the x2n... even though the x2n doesnt match lol... dont they make coverings i could put over the humbuckers?
Quote by Leezy
sorry i actually had my post backwards. i meant x2n in the bridge and air norton in the neck. although now that i think about it... we could be on to something in terms of embracing full harmonic overtones at the lower end of the sonic spectrum

I dont think we are the first people to think of putting a high powered p/u in the neck, i think it was everyone else who thought of it first.
its just kinda silly to have a weaker p/u in the bridge.
Quote by M09868
i guess ill get the air norton and the x2n... even though the x2n doesnt match lol... dont they make coverings i could put over the humbuckers?

1 person offered that advice...
the entire thread is telling you not to waste money getting better p/us when A: you havent even played said guitar yet. and B: you do not own a good amp therefore will hear very little difference.
well im not gonna get them off the spot lol... i have to get a case and a noise suppressor pedal which would take up all of my earnings and then some
Quote by M09868
well im not gonna get them off the spot lol... i have to get a case and a noise suppressor pedal which would take up all of my earnings and then some

you shouldnt be thinking of getting them at all! lol you've never even heard these pickups.
only think about upgrading pickups when you have a good amp.
what hes saying is you may like the pickups you have in the guitar stock, i do and i have an rg 421exfm, i raised em a bit to give a little more fuzz and high output but i love them. Make sure you try before you do something rash and waste money
~Defiant~
Quote by steven seagull
There's really no point changing pickups for the sake of it, you'd be better off saving your money.

+1 Until we know what amp you play through then you're just throwing cash into the air with regards to pickups.