now dont get me wrong, i support whales and all but who else thinks this show is pointless? All these guys do is try and interrupt the japanese from whaling but its not like its going to stop them... It aggravates me, they should take to the law! GEEZE!
They know they won't stop them outright by just using those tactics, but the whole time they're stopping the Japanese from whaling the companies funding the whalers are losing massive amounts of money. If they're not making money they can't keep on whaling.

I was watching an episode last night where they mentioned that every day the japanese don't get a whale they lose millions, just in expenses.
Quote by Cat Of Pain
Bob, you're my hero.

Quote by borntorock2112
If drugs were PP points, I'd be using struggle.

Quote by illuminatiano

YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
Quote by deaththrashcore
There is no law in international waters.

Actually there are laws on whaling, but there's a loophole that allows a country to set it's on quotas on whaling for scientific 'research' thereby allowing the japs to whale as much as possible.

The kicker is that they can sell the meat from those 'researched' whales after they've been slain.
Quote by Cat Of Pain
Bob, you're my hero.

Quote by borntorock2112
If drugs were PP points, I'd be using struggle.

Quote by illuminatiano

YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDERRRR
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
Actually there are laws on whaling, but there's a loophole that allows a country to set it's on quotas on whaling for scientific 'research' thereby allowing the japs to whale as much as possible.

The kicker is that they can sell the meat from those 'researched' whales after they've been slain.

They aren't law's they're treaties, and those are notoriously easy to ignore because there's no one to enforce them, for example: The Japanese whalers in whale wars often fish in Australian-Antarctic waters, in a natural reserve, but Australia doesn't stop them because they don't want to threaten the trade relationship they have with Japan.

Being that there is no applicable/effective law, and no body with jurisdiction/the will to apply it; what Sea Sheppard does, is by far the most effective means of dealing with the problem. I've been following them a few years now, and they regularly succeed in preventing the Japanese from achieving their quotas.

http://www.seashepherd.org/ for first hand info. (Biassed perhaps, but better than what you get from the Japanese.)
Quote by CTFOD
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDERRRR

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by koalabacon
WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE

BREAK YOUR BACKS AND CRACK YOUR OARS MEN, IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL
Quote by KeepOnRotting
BREAK YOUR BACKS AND CRACK YOUR OARS MEN, IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL

THIS IVORY LEG IS WHAT PROPELS ME!
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

HARPOONS THRUST TO THE SKY
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
AIM DIRECTLY FOR HIS CROOKED BROW
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

that was definitely worth my time.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

when your in international water anything goes, you could shoot a man while doing crack and look at kid pron... i know its wrong but its how she goes
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Awww man, I missed the sing-along
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by profmcnasty
now dont get me wrong, i support whales and all but who else thinks this thread is pointless? All this guy is doing is trying to critisize a show about people who try and interrupt the japanese from whaling but its not like its going to stop them... It aggravates me, they should take to the law! GEEZE!

Fixed
I clicked for the eventual flame fest, but I stayed for the Mastodon.

And I was 2 seconds from posting the Blood and Thunder FUUUUUUUUU- in here before I read it.
Quote by deaththrashcore
There is no law in international waters.

So there is also no law against shooting a bunch of pirates who attempt to board your vessel and/or disrupt your business.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
On the topic of whiney singers.

Quote by elliott FTW
But not Robb Flynn, he has epic vocal chords (they're made from barbed wire and gaffer tape).

@ Blood and Thunder.

The amount of Mastodon in this thread makes it win.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Whales annoy me, everytime I accidentally drink sea water I know I just swallowed some whale jizz
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
MASTODON FTW!!!

How did you not see that coming when you made this thread TS
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.