Hi guys i was just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere i can get a new scratchplate for a Vintage SG or would it just be easier to fill the screw holes and get a gibson scratchplate for it?
also could anyone recommend some decent tuners that won't be massively expensive and do i need 3 a side tuners or can i just get any tuners?

p.s. I'm in the UK
Do not know about the scratch plate. But id I were you Id get a gibson. As for machine heads get these:
Schaller tuners with those green plastic heads. I had really bad tuners so I changed to those and I must say there are awesome. I cant find any internet pick so here a pic from my guitar:

Quote by Mekon
SNIP!

thanks man

can you tell me,
how long have you been using them and have they come loose at all?
i know if i hit the strings with any force (say with a drop D power chord) i can hear the machinehead vibrating
Oky, I am using them only for 1 week. And after a week I can say I had to tune my guitar only 1 time. I was amazed that after a week of intense playing I didnt need to retune almost at all. The are hold by 2 screws and a bold on top so the stay really solid. Believe me, they costed 35 euros. If that is too much for you. Save some money and get them. It is a great think and just trust me you wont regret it. : )
If you can afford the Schallers get some Gotoh 18:1 locking or some regular 16:1.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
If you can afford the Schallers get some Gotoh 18:1 locking or some regular 16:1.

what do locking tuners actually do and how do they work?