I've been playing the acoustic guitar for about 3 - 4 years now, and I'm thinking about getting an electric guitar. I can play rock songs on acoustic, but it doesn't sound better than on electric guitars...
I would say I'm an intermediate player.

So, I'm thinking about getting either one of these:
1. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Heritage Cherry Sunburst (£350)
2. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony (£300)

Gibsons are way too expensive, and they are for more experienced players, so I went for Epiphones.

I absolutely love the Les Pauls because of the sound and style, but I was thinking "are they a bit too much for an intermediate player?"

So, do you think these are good electric guitars? Are there any other good electric guitars like these that you guys would recommend? However, they must not be more than £350.
i disagree with your statement that gibsons are for more experienced players, a guitar is for anybody who wants and can afford it, one of my grade 1 students has a lp standard granted he`s in his mid 40s but he`s not a experienced musician just loaded and appreciates quality.
Yeah I just looked on guitar center.com and from the looks of it, you could get a slightly low end gibson for roughly the same price
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I bought my gibson les paul as a 13 year old after two years of playing. I still have it and i simply love it(17 years old now)! So, I was probably even in the beginner stage when I got it. Was it worth it? Of course!

If you want a gibson les paul then save some money and find a reasonable one, they aren't THAT expensive. It's worth it!!!!!!!

Or you could buy an Epiphone Les Paul and replace the pickups with gibson pickups(Burstbuckers is what came on my Les Paul Standard and it's simply awesome). Might save you some dollars!
There are a lot of guitars for that price range. Play some guitars and see how it feels. For you since you are transitioning from acoustic to electric a guitar with a thicker neck like the LP may feel more natural. Or you might like the shape of some other neck better. I you like the LP shape check out some LTD Eclipse models. And to ^ I agree if you got the money buy something decent the first time. At least it will have decent value left even if you don't keep playing or decide to sell it.
Quote by Jimibendix
I bought my gibson les paul as a 13 year old after two years of playing. I still have it and i simply love it(17 years old now)! So, I was probably even in the beginner stage when I got it. Was it worth it? Of course!

If you want a gibson les paul then save some money and find a reasonable one, they aren't THAT expensive. It's worth it!!!!!!!

Or you could buy an Epiphone Les Paul and replace the pickups with gibson pickups(Burstbuckers is what came on my Les Paul Standard and it's simply awesome). Might save you some dollars!

yeah thats a pretty good idea and it will get you about the same tone. then again, you wont have the beautiful Gibson signature on the headstock! haha
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
yeah thats a pretty good idea and it will get you about the same tone. then again, you wont have the beautiful Gibson signature on the headstock! haha

Exactly :P hehe, the gibson signature is pretty awesome to have on the headstock!
You know what?
I just refuse to jump on the Fender/Gibson/Epiphone bandwagon.

If I win a Fender, Gibson or Epiphone guitar, I'll put a piece of masking tape over the name and write "Dean" or "Not a Fender/Gibson/Epiphone" or "Nick's Guitar."

Meh. EAT THAT AMERICA!

You can find some really awesome LP guitars if you look around at other makers like ESP's EC series for example. Ibanez makes a few LP style guitars. I'm not familiar, but I think they are called ART.

Schecter's Hellraiser Solo-6 is more for br00t4lz metal, but the Solo-6 Classic isn't.

Even Washburn makes some decent LP copies. I dig the WI64... its like an SG/LP hybrid.