How's your GPA looking? All of the UCs and CSUs are going through massive budget cuts, so not only are facilities being lessened, but so are admissions. If you are trying to go to a CSU, CalPoly and San Jose State are the best ones. Definitely apply to those CSUs and a couple of the UCs like Santa Cruz, Irvine, and Davis. You're sure to get into one of the five if you have at least a 3.0.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
How's your GPA looking? All of the UCs and CSUs are going through massive budget cuts, so not only are facilities being lessened, but so are admissions. If you are trying to go to a CSU, CalPoly and San Jose State are the best ones. Definitely apply to those CSUs and a couple of the UCs like Santa Cruz, Irvine, and Davis. You're sure to get into one of the five if you have at least a 3.0.

Last time I checked my transcript I had a 3.2. I was originally going to go to Fresno State and I wanted to since about 7th grade, but recently had an epiphany and decided I wanted something better. Lucky for me, I found out from a friend yesterday that they aren't accepting transfers anymore. Cal Poly's really hard to get into since they're so impacted now and since they're a technical school, they're not too big on my major or minor(History and Music respectively.

I'll definately look into Irvine and San Jose, though. I just need to find out how much the cost of living is over there.
if you were looking at CSU East Bay, i would suggest also looking at San Francisco State University. good school and cheap, plus it's in SF!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Irvine is pretty expensive for rent. My friend is going there for Fall and he will be paying $750 to share a room. Ridiculous, aint it? I pay $475 for my own room in an independent house in Davis. San Jose and CalPoly are in between. Probably the $600 range. CSU East Bay is in a really nice area, and rent probably runs in the $600 range there as well (the one in Walnut Creek. Not the Hayward one). I drove by it the other day.

Davis has pretty good History and Music departments. I've got a friend in the History department and he likes it.

^ And damn, I forgot about SF State. It's a pretty cool university located in a nice area.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by darkstar2466
Irvine is pretty expensive for rent. My friend is going there for Fall and he will be paying $750 to share a room. Ridiculous, aint it? I pay $475 for my own room in an independent house in Davis. San Jose and CalPoly are in between. Probably the $600 range. CSU East Bay is in a really nice area, and rent probably runs in the $600 range there as well (the one in Walnut Creek. Not the Hayward one). I drove by it the other day.

Davis has pretty good History and Music departments. I've got a friend in the History department and he likes it.

^ And damn, I forgot about SF State. It's a pretty cool university located in a nice area.

How far is Mountain View from East Bay? I've got a cousin that lives there and I think that's where she goes to school.

The problem that bothers me about SF State is that it's San Francisco which I'm sure is beyond expensive. Plus, I wouldn't doubt that the class sizes are ginormous.

UC Davis doesn't sound so bad anymore. I always thought it was an agricultural kind of school though.