Im considering busking to make a couple extra bucks anyone have any suggestions of songs that would help fill the tin :p
Last edited by lunetico at Aug 8, 2009,
Busking??
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
beatles/john mayer/maroon 5
then just throw in some chart stuff
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Led man32
Busking??

guy at the corner of the street playing guitar with the tin can lol
do daughtrys version of poker face yay (prepares for incoming hate mail and bags of flaming crap)
Something uptempo and, preferably, upbeat. People don't want you to bring them down when they're on their way to work. Oldies work well (ever see the Stand By Me video on YouTube?), and somebody mentioned Beatles. Almost nobody doesn't like the Beatles.

If you have to play something that isn't upbeat, play old blues numbers. But only if you can play old blues well, or else you'll sound like a complete poser.
streets of london
house of the rising sun
99-------------55--------6666-------44-----444
99-------------55-----66-----66-----44-44--44
99-------------55-----66--66666---44--44--44
99-------------55-----66-------66---44--------44
99999999---55------66--------66--44--------44
Do some funnyish songs. Like some Loudon Wainwright or something, that'll probably seperate you from the guys trying to shed their souls on a street corner. Some Reggae usually gets you noticed to. Get someone to play some bongos aswell, everyone loves a good beat ... just spitballin' here.

If you do some reggae try some Eddy Grant or Bob Marley.
Last edited by aaciseric at Aug 8, 2009,
Beatles
Oasis
Eric Clapton
Guns n Roses
Some Blink 182 or Green day
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Chilli Peppers
Maybe some hendrix? Like Little Wing or something?

Do that and throw in some chart songs and you've pretty much got all your bases covered.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
'Blowin' in the Wind' by Dylan, assuming that you're playing acoustically. If not, do a thrash version of 'Blowin' in the Wind' and alter the lyrics to make it about fellatio.
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
Wonderwall?

If you want you could do Tenacious D's tribute-make people laugh
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Everyone's honest - jeffrey lewis
Tireswing - kimya dawson
I can tell that we are gonna be friends - white stripes
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Jacek.W
Wonderwall?

If you want you could do Tenacious D's tribute-make people laugh

+120312309123

Play any Tenacious D song for that matter.

Like Classico. And get a friend to sing.

xD
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

i cum blood
Quote by diofan88
I lol'd hard

Quote by tattyreagh
That's terrible and hilarious in equal measures...

theyre talking about my comment
I made $22 busking in my really small town on the sidewalk next to the movie theater with this "set list":

Wonderwall - Oasis
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Pick of Destiny - Tenacious D
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
1, 2, 3, 4 - The Plain White T's
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

It's really important to try and get a rotation of diverse songs. Try to appeal to as many people as you can. It helps if you know the musical likings of the people in you're town.
I have no sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Kneusje
Damn that guy can play some pretty advanced stuff which still sounds sweet, nice!

That's not advanced, it's basic chords with some nifty picking.
Desolation Row, preferably while standing on a corner in some place that seems to be experiencing hard times.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
O My Heart by Mother Mother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kg0zXvTPz8
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Play some Reggae
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
eugene's trick bag, or devil went down to georgia
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by thankyougermany
Desolation Row, preferably while standing on a corner in some place that seems to be experiencing hard times.

I've been working on learning that one (I busk) but its insanely long - the lyrics don't repeat, and they don't make any sense.

My most profitable song is "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. Also, "Empty Apartment," by Yellowcard, and, of course, "Hotel California" (by the Eagles, if you've been under a rock for the past half-century).