i know that single has 50 watts and dual has 100, but is there any difference in sound??
the single sounds better at lower volumes but the triple has more power and can handle high volumes no problem
i think that 50 watts is enough...it should handle gigs easy...
but can the single rectifier sound like triple rectifier or dual??

is there any tone difference?
Quote by scream92
i think that 50 watts is enough...it should handle gigs easy...
but can the single rectifier sound like triple rectifier or dual??

is there any tone difference?

Only if it's totally cranked. If you're not playing to a large crowd, over drums, than the singe rectifier will always sound better.

Don't try to buy a tube amp based only on its specs, or what artist uses it. Get an idea how loud you need to be, and find an amp that will give you that volume at about 50% of the master volume knob. Personally, I think the single rectifier is the best for most people that are playing out. If you're not playing out, it may still be too loud and unable to hit that 'sweet spot.' I had a Mesa 50 Cal+ (basically the same amp, with a solid state rectifier), and even at gigs with a stupid loud drummer it almost never topped 4.
A single is loud, Id go for the dual for the headroom personally.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
yes, but i can buy an attenuator and crank the amp when i need...

thanks for the answers!
the single has solid state while the dual and triple has tube rectifiers, big difference if you like your picking dynamics.
This thread is

The Single is 50 watts with diode rectification, as well as only 2 channels.

The Dual is 100 watts with either diode or tube rectification as well as adding a 3rd channel.

The Triple is 150 watts with either diode or tube rectification as well as having that third channel.

Voicing wise, the single has a decent clean channel and the signature recto low-mid growl.

The dual is similar to the single, but with more clean headroom (breaks up later), as well as having more of a thump in the low end.

The triple is the most agressive and tightest sounding out of the 3, as well as being able to handle a lot more clean volume before breaking up, and has even more thump than the dual
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by Brendan.Clace
This thread is

The Single is 50 watts with diode rectification, as well as only 2 channels.

The Dual is 100 watts with either diode or tube rectification as well as adding a 3rd channel.

The Triple is 150 watts with either diode or tube rectification as well as having that third channel.

Voicing wise, the single has a decent clean channel and the signature recto low-mid growl.

The dual is similar to the single, but with more clean headroom (breaks up later), as well as having more of a thump in the low end.

The triple is the most agressive and tightest sounding out of the 3, as well as being able to handle a lot more clean volume before breaking up, and has even more thump than the dual

This.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores