So I start work at 4am every morning. I have a cubicle job and I basically just sit there and do absolutely nothing until around 6am (Cool getting paid for it, but kinda boring). So instead of passing out in my own drool every morning, I figured why not do something a little more productive with my time. With everything else going on, I'm sometimes lucky enough to get an hour in of practice every other day. I knew I had to change that and my search ended here.

Traveler Speedster. This guitar is fun as hell to play. With the removable armrest attached, you can sit down and play it comfortably no problem. Mix that up with the Amplug and I have complete portability with my guitar. Jam in cars and pull it out when I'm drunk at bars (the guitar).

Anyways here's some pics with the last one showing the speedster body compared to a superstrat shaped body. It plays surprisingly well. Recessed tuners. Stays in tune. String through the top of the neck, over the bridge and wrap 'em in the back. and The vox amplug has decent tone for just a headphone amp. Simple earbuds sound fine with it. I'll probably get another one for when I feel like playing cleans. And best of all, I now push out at least 2 hours of practice everyday which is feeling great. It set me back $220 for everything, but the amount of practice time I gained is priceless.

awesome, hngd
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by 1010011010
HNGD!
That looks like a bitch to re-string, though.

I feel the same way. I'm planning on restringing it today or tomorrow since I haven't yet so I'll see how that goes.
What is your actual job? Sit in a cubicle and do what? I mean, I doubt your boss would be happy with you sitting there playing guitar. lol
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
What is your actual job? Sit in a cubicle and do what? I mean, I doubt your boss would be happy with you sitting there playing guitar. lol

Helpdesk and some junior network administrator duties as well.

I go in at 4am just in case a campus on the east coast calls in for support. And to be there in case something critical to production breaks down and I need to wake people up. I've now done this shift for about 4-5 months and have received a total of probably 10-15 calls within the hours of 4-6.

Nobody comes in 'till 5. And I already told my boss I jam out in the morning because he sees me walking around with it when I leave at lunchtime. Seriously, I have the coolest boss ever.
Quote by which ones pink
Whoa you have the same color RG as me Is that Speedster 24.75 scale length, or is it shorter? HNGD

That color is gorgeous, isn't it?

Yup, the scale length is 24.75
22 Frets
Body width is 7.5"
Length is 28"
And it weighs 4 pounds
Blade Humbucker
Roll-O-Matic bridge.
Last edited by MetalHead916 at Aug 8, 2009,
I was always kinda interested in getting one of these, but I've never played one or know any that has played one.

I mean, I know it's not by any means going to be a main guitar, a desperate backup if anything.

What kind of tones can you get out of it?

HNGD!
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I was always kinda interested in getting one of these, but I've never played one or know any that has played one.

I mean, I know it's not by any means going to be a main guitar, a desperate backup if anything.

What kind of tones can you get out of it?

HNGD!

Well, I've never tried it on anything but the amplug. But for the sake of giving you an answer, I just plugged it into my vypyr and then my 5150. I got a whole range of tones. The pickup has some surprisingly high output. Ran through a couple of models on the vypyr and I was able to dial in decent tones on the fly. Hit the 5150 on the lead channel and it sounded very chunky. Cleaned the dirt up a bit, rolled back the tone knob and got some sweet tones. The volume and tone knobs are very responsive. And the blade humbucker is actually quite versatile!

Yeah, if anything a desperate backup guitar if all else fails. I have enough backup guitars so I basically just see this as an extremely useful practice tool.
Is that a 0 fret or a nut? It's hard to tell
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
Is that a 0 fret or a nut? It's hard to tell

That's the nut. Yeah, it's hard to tell from the picture.

r0ckth3d34n - Yeah, they go for $350 new now, but I don't think all the parts are as quality as the older ones. I got this off of Craigslist for $180 which wasn't bad and it's one of the older ones. Very surprising the sounds you can get from this that's for sure.
That's really awesome. I work in an office and don't do much the the first few hours either. I was thinking of some way to practice during my down time but obviously brining in a full size guitar would not work. So does that fit into your filing cabinet? lol.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
That's really awesome. I work in an office and don't do much the the first few hours either. I was thinking of some way to practice during my down time but obviously brining in a full size guitar would not work. So does that fit into your filing cabinet? lol.

Sure does lol. I sometimes put it in my overhead cabinet. But I usually just leave it in the gigbag on the far right-side of my desk. My boss doesn't care. But if yours does, you can easily fit it into most storage spaces no problem.