Hi

I'm going to buy this USB Audio Interface to record guitar and bass stuffs.
I own a laptop with a basic sound card and only 512mo of RAM...

Is it enough to avoid latency while recording myself ?

Thanks for considering my thread
There isnt much difference in speeds if you use a interface or your onboard soundcard. So if you can use it with your onboard, and interface would be fine.
So if you can use IT with your onboard

What's IT ? I don't understand...

I'm new into home-studio and recording stuffs... Sry
here are the requirements from Line6's site:

512MB RAM minimum (1GB or more recommended)

1GB free HD space minimum (10GB or more recommended for recording)

Drive speed 5400rpm minimum (7200rpm or faster recommended)

CD-ROM drive

Internet connection for activation and online features

One free USB 1.1- or 2.0-compatible port on computer or self-powered USB hub (bus-powered USB hubs are not supported)

Mac® AU/RTAS®/VST® and Windows® RTAS®/VST®

Mac®:

G4 800MHz or better

OS X 10.4.6 or better

Windows®:

Pentium® IV 1.2GHZ or better

Windows XP (SP2) or Windows XP x64, Vista 32-bit and 64-bit

So, yes you should buy the UX1, there should virtually be no latency at all.
Virtually none means the time differebce will be so small that it won't be noticeable by the human ear.
you'll likely have more issue with dropouts due to buffer underruns than you will with latency.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have one, and yes, there is some latency. Like a whole second. but the software that comes with it allows you to mute the output while recording to avoid confusion.
Quote by ChadHasADD
I have one, and yes, there is some latency. Like a whole second. but the software that comes with it allows you to mute the output while recording to avoid confusion.

you shouldn't be getting anywhere near that much latency if you have set it up properly.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you shouldn't be getting anywhere near that much latency if you have set it up properly.

+1

I've read many test and owners reviews about the UX1, some of them had some latency (not 1sec! ), but they told that they always succeed to reduce the time by setting the buffer level of their sampler... You should try

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you'll likely have more issue with dropouts due to buffer underruns than you will with latency.

Okay but the buffer levels can be modified ?
Last edited by vincent95 at Aug 8, 2009,