hey all, I was playing the other day and the song involved quite a lot a A shape barre chords which i play using my 1st and 3rd finger so obviously i have to flatten out and barre my 3rd finger after a while my 3rd finger cracked and now it is incredibly painful. it feels swollen and i cant apply any pressure to it so playing guitar really hurts. any idea what i have done? and what i should do to make sure it heals okay. Basically its just the joint nearest to the nail that hurts the most
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
what do you mean with ' cracked' ? did you hear a noise or something? r did you just lose strength in that finger?
Quote by toine
what do you mean with ' cracked' ? did you hear a noise or something? r did you just lose strength in that finger?

it wasnt like a really loud noise, but i definitely felt it physically crack (like when you crack your knuckles). it was the joint nearest the nail that cracked when i went to flatten it to barre the strings
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
it wasnt like a really loud noise, but i definitely felt it physically crack (like when you crack your knuckles). it was the joint nearest the nail that cracked when i went to flatten it to barre the strings

hmm maybe ou forced it too much and your fingers aren't used to that.
if you still can move your finger , it isn't broken, if it hurts too much, put some ice on it.
if it doesn't get any better, go see a doctor
To add to what was just said, don't play until it is fully healed. And when you can play again work with some stretching exercises.
haha, guitar injuries. good job!!
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
yeh okay, i have got ice on it and i dont think its broken just i guess it didnt like being bent in that way. my hands are such a mess anyway from when i broke my little finger years ago. my 3rd finger always want to lean on the 2nd for support I assume its something to do with the way i fractured my hand. anyone else get that problem?

Quote by mikeYekim
haha, guitar injuries. good job!!

thanks i do try
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube