I've just recorded a new cover (in my profile) using my new gear. I'm using a Rode NT1a condenser mic through an M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Tracks were mixed in Adobe Audition (apologies for any pops, I have no filter yet). The mix might be a wee bit rough as I didn't use a metronome.

Any constructive criticism welcome, I will try listen to any songs in return.

Cheers!
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
I love Josh Ritter. I'm just happy someone posted a song by him on here. I'm listening to your version again and again trying to find something constructive to say. You did an AWESOME job, so it's difficult. I do wish the secondary guitar parts that you sprinkled in were a tad louder. It may have been cool to add that ascending guitar part played throughout the song, but that's up to you, it's just a matter of personal preference. Nice work.
If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, it's a victory.
-Ardal O'Hanlon

ME \/
http://fwa.dmusic.com
Thanks man, really appreciate the comments

Yes I originally had the melody part louder but I thought there was too much going on when it was overlayed with the vocals so I made it quieter.

I think I would have made the apegiated guitar louder but I didn't use a metronome and sometimes you can hear it go slightly out of time I might make a better version some time taking on board these comments.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
I had the same problem as icon. I couldn't think of anything else to say. The vocals were dead on, the main guitar was perfect. I can only agree, and say I think the background should have been louder.