if you add a cab to a combo amp the combo just becomes a big ass head right? thinking of adding a marshell cab to my b-52 combo...this a dumb idea?
Yeah, why not? =)
- Ibanez RG7321 *Dimarzio D Activators*
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky Transparent Red
- ENGL Powerball
- ENGL E412 SS
- Line 6 Pod Studio GX
- Ibanez TS9
- Boss NS2
Quote by pepsi1187
it wouldnt be a 'big ass head'.

thinking it be a little cheaper? cabs in jersey are super cheap sometimes..may just buy one to get it and save for a nice head.

would using a cab keep the other 2 12 speakers in the combo from working?
I would also like to know what would happen if I'd plug my Vox AC4TV Combo in a cabinet.
I'm thinking of doing this with my Blackstar Ht-5 eventually.

Except I'll probably make a cab that's 16 ohms so I can run both the internal speaker and the cab at the same time. You should try and do this with your combo, run all the speakers at the same time. Might take a bit to wire it but it should sound okay. You just gotta wire a jack to the speaker wires and plug it into the back of your amp.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
its not a dumb idea at all, but while you're at it, have you considered swapping the speakers in your combo?
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
If your combo has an external speaker jack then you can hook it up to a cab, whether or not it turns into a "big ass head" depends on the amp - some amps close the connection to the built-in speakers when an external cab is connected and some leave the speakers running.

If the amp doesn't have an external speaker jack then you could always disconnect the speakers in it and wire in a jack.
Quote by the boogieman
its not a dumb idea at all, but while you're at it, have you considered swapping the speakers in your combo?

no i havent considerd that..im kind of afriad to mess with it and going back to my crappy 10w ibanez..is it hard to replace speakers in a combo?
also i have a jax on the back of my combo im guessing is for hooking a cab to.. it has a switch for 4-8-16 ohms...whats that all about.. im still trying to figure out this amp.
Last edited by dogtags99 at Aug 8, 2009,
I'm buying an extension cab for my Peavey Classic 30 combo. I plan on putting a new speaker in the combo and putting the old speaker from my C30 in the cab.

DO IT.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
If your combo has an external speaker jack then you can hook it up to a cab, whether or not it turns into a "big ass head" depends on the amp - some amps close the connection to the built-in speakers when an external cab is connected and some leave the speakers running.

If the amp doesn't have an external speaker jack then you could always disconnect the speakers in it and wire in a jack.

I think he means it'll be physically much larger, regardless of whether the internal speakers are working or not.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.