I got an Agile Intrepid a few days ago and I've been working on this song on and off since then.

I used my POD with a tube screamer for guitars.

Some riffs are a little sloppy because im still not used to the guitar yet properly and the thickest string tends to ring out a lot. I gotta get used to the palm muting with this thing.

The last few songs I have written has really been a learning curve for me in this genre and been a bit generic but I think I have found my place if you know what I mean with this song.

It's here: www.myspace.com/christranmer2009 It's called Proliferation

What do you think?
Quote by face_the_fear
What do you think?
Really, really, really, very awesome.

Got yourself some good music there.

Sounds very good!
Great recording, very good quality and very good music.
Really, I wouldn't know what to improve
that sounds sweet what does an 8 string have a higher string? or one deeper than a 7 string? what is it tuned to A or A flat it sounds mean!
Thanks guys!! Glad you like it ...

DanteJayG - It's got a lower string than a 7. The lowest string is F#...
Quote by face_the_fear
Thanks guys!! Glad you like it ...

DanteJayG - It's got a lower string than a 7. The lowest string is F#...

im really feeling a groove to this. you got nice rhythms and some cool leads, not just generic chugging. also the sound quality is really nice for the guitars and is making me lean torwards a guitar effects box such as a pod or a axeffects as ive heard solid recording done with both. I use guitar rig 3 and the cleans are pretty good, but the distortions are slightly lacking, but eh im a bass player. anyways only thing thats slightly wrong with your song is the mixing imo. raise the drums and lower the rhythm guitar a slight bit and raise the leads a slight bit. Besides this you have awesome sounds and very groovy metal lines. hell i found it actually as enterataining as a meshuggah song, imo you have better melodies. sick song.
Quote by MetalBass 77
im really feeling a groove to this. you got nice rhythms and some cool leads, not just generic chugging. also the sound quality is really nice for the guitars and is making me lean torwards a guitar effects box such as a pod or a axeffects as ive heard solid recording done with both. I use guitar rig 3 and the cleans are pretty good, but the distortions are slightly lacking, but eh im a bass player. anyways only thing thats slightly wrong with your song is the mixing imo. raise the drums and lower the rhythm guitar a slight bit and raise the leads a slight bit. Besides this you have awesome sounds and very groovy metal lines. hell i found it actually as enterataining as a meshuggah song, imo you have better melodies. sick song.

Haha cheers dude!

Yea, the drums are a little quiet. I think it has something to do with Cubase's way of creating a mix down. Everything sounds fine before it but then you do a mix down and the middle of the stereo seems to drop in volume by a few dB. Strange.
Nicely done! Nice sound quality and writing, the song goes really well. I love the groove and the beef you can get out of 7 and 8 strings, and you've used it really well. Some really cool crazy off beat stuff and nice leads too. Keep it up!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21120381#post21120381
awesome tune - I knew by the title that it was going to be heavily meshuggah influenced and I wasnt dissappointed! The whole technical groove thing is still a very new-ish genre to me anyway so theres alot of stuff in here that I havent really heared before. I also would say there is a slight Mastodon-y feel the the chords and feel of the verses. Very well executed

check mine out aswell if you fancy https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178573
You sir, have quite the playing chops

I was totally drawn to this thread too cause you said your guitar has 8 strings

Nothing sounded out of time, everything fit.

Your leads are far from being fathomable for me to play, and they all fit nice nice in key

Really nothing else to say other than... wow... maybe vox?

c4c please https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1179503
nice man, i've been wanting on of those intrepids for awhile. I have one of the older septors when they were still putting them out with a bolt on neck at a 25.5" scale.

can't wait to get the updated septor with the neck thru at 27" xD

wicked song, i like the production style, very clean and polished. bass tone is really good. assists the entire thing very well, considering i'm only listening to this on some uberly ****ty computer speakers.

the trademark of a good mix is that it sounds good on all speaker sets.

c4c my own tunes if you'd like, and please let me know how you like that intrepid!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.