Mathcore.

COME ON! How can some people be attracted to it??? It's just noise and screaming. Worse than death metal. ALOT worse. I can't even stomach listening to more than a minute of it.....

Dillinger Escape Plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNb-YT5ECA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA

Eew.

Do you guys like it?
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

I can't understand what he's saying and they flail around like idiots. I can understand why people like them though.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by chaazums
Mathcore.

COME ON! How can some people be attracted to it??? It's just noise and screaming. Worse than death metal. ALOT worse. I can't even stomach listening to more than a minute of it.....

Dillinger Escape Plan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNb-YT5ECA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA

Eew.

Do you guys like it?

i agree i hate it too. this is not what black sabbath and iron maiden wanted metal to become
well, i dont like them..but i can see why people do..

mathcore fallows ..."obscure" time signatures.

so this sound is definitely different than other music.

and like halfway it gets kinda good
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by ampoverload
i agree i hate it too. this is not what black sabbath and iron maiden wanted metal to become

Because I'm sure Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath collaborated and decided exactly what they wanted metal music to sound like in 2009.
Dude I love Dillinger Escape plan. The technicallity is outstanding. Doesnt suit everyone though I could understand.
Imagine if 4/4 hadn't been the standard / cliche / normal time signature that had been used extensively for a century, we would all be used to any time signature by now.

Music would be so much better and unique, in my opinion.
Quote by ampoverload

They aren't metal.

EDIT: I mean, Iron Maiden and BS are metal, but DEP ain't metal.
Gear:
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666

TS is a pussy.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
make it simple and stop a possibly BAAADD conflict...

mathcore is basically experimental metal/math rock mixed combined with metalcore- it has all the same screaming metalcore has, but with the odd time signatures and mixed prog elements that experimental metal/math rock has.

that's the reason why it sounds like crap to some of you
OP, i used to be just like you with this stuff. i eventually got into heavier things and heard these guys were good and id heard about them alot. i listened to calculating infinity and hated it. i forced myself to listen to it more and eventually sugar coated sour started to make some sense. it wasnt until i got Irony Is a Dead Scene that they actually clicked with me. then i got Miss Machine and i love everything they've made now. dont expect to immediately be able to digest their stuff. its like wine: an aquired taste, and once you get that taste its an amazing thing

EDIT: yeah, they arent metal. they arent even a genre IMO, they're a band that has found their own sound and own awesome niche in music. the best bands are the ones that cant be defined

also, watch in HQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNFIPzlFFX0&feature=related
Last edited by boratian at Aug 8, 2009,
Quote by CTFOD

Okay, even though I started this whole thread I sadly admit I like this song.

And Black Bubblegum.

But thats it.

*hides*
Gear:
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666

TS is a ******, listen to some ****ing PTH and tell me mathcore sucks
Gingers Unite
Quote by Nitrate
I thought PTH wasn't considered mathcore? I could be mistaken.
Unretrofied and Black Bubblegum are awful songs from an incredible band.
It's one thing to not like DEP, I understand that entirely. It's spastic and unfriendly to the ears, but you can't deny the talent. They're incredibly unique and amazing musicians. If you can't hear that, you're deaf.
Love my mathcore. It's weird, different, and maybe that's a part of it, but some of the insane work put in by mathcore bands blow me away. Matter of taste really.
this thread is stupid. anyone who thinks DEP is noise, doesn't have any right to comment on the band because they obviously have no clue how to listen to music.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by chaazums
It's just noise and screaming. Worse than death metal.

Quote by chaazums

Quote by chaazums

i'm sorry, what the fuck was your point again?

mathcore is the shit. DEP and Botch for the win.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by Nitrate

QFT.

That is all.
Quote by Nitrate
They use shifting time sigs,also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mathcore_bands

So do Dream Theater.
BRB, adding Dream Theater to that list.