Hi guys,

I'm into Clapton, BB King and others - Blues, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater - Rock/Prog/Metal etc and anything else that sounds good. I love atmospheric music and that's why I'm asking about Buckethead and Rush stuff (although completely different ends of the spectrum).

I need to know what I should listen to. I'm completely new to all the artists and would love to hear them all as so many people rave about them.

Many thanks for your help in advance!
Buckethead Look Into Bucketheadland, Colma, Population Override, Bermuda Triangle, Electric Tears, they're some of my personal faves

Rush, the obvious 2112, Vapour Trails, Fairwell To Kings, Snakes & Arrows, Moving Pictures

Not so much Atmospheric look into Les Claypool & Primus if you don't know them already!

Les Claypool : Of Whales & Woe, Of Fungi & Foe
Primus : Antipop, Brown Album, Sailing The Seas Of Cheese

Good bit of fun music!
Hope this helped!

(All these are albums btw, Similar blues tastes as me aswell)

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by TheFly_1990 at Aug 8, 2009,
I cant tell you anything about bucket head but here are some songs by Rush you should listen to that i personally like.

Closer to the Heart
Cinderella Man
A Passage to Bangkok
Fly By Night
Limelight
The Spirit of Radio
The Trees
Tom Sawyer
Working Man
YYZ
Excellent stuff cheers guys I'll check those out right away.

Any Jeff Beck recommendations anyone?
Jeff Beck - This guy at GC told me Blow by Blow was a great place to start, and he was an obvious fan. Blow by Blow is a good album by itself, too.

Dream Theater - Get some of their early stuff and newer stuff as welll so that you can see how their sound has developed over the years. Images and Words sounds so much different from Black Clouds and Silver Lining. 'Train of Thought' is also their heaviest album.

+1 on getting a Primus album, esp. Sailing the Seas of Cheese. They're great

Porcupine Tree- I was told in the PT thread that Deadwing was their heaviest album, Fear of a Blank Planet is their newest work, whose is pretty cool, too.

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is a must, because it's their only album with Sid Barrett. A Saucerful of Secrets is good, too. Dark Side of the Moon is also a must, because it's their 'flagship' album. My favorite is Animals, though.

Eric Clapton- I have Slow Hand (Clapton Solo work) and Disraeli Gears (most famous Cream album)

Since you're into progressive music, I highly recommend you check out King Crimson. They're probably the most influential progressive band ever. I recommend you start with 'In the Court of the Crimson King' and work your way up to the present, because, honestly, they don't have a bad album.

Also check out Yes and Genesis, good progressive bands.

Finally, Beggars Opera. You probably won't find their albums on the internet very easily, but their first album is great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nty_iVQqFw4
Buckethead - Crime Scene Slunk, Acoustic Shards, and Electric Tears. IF you're into his heavier stuff that has singing listen to Enter the Chicken. Some great tracks on that.

Rush - Mehhh never really like em.

Jeff Beck - All around amazing.
Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow should be the first to get just because its one of the greatest albums of all time.

if you like that, you'll like Wired, so get that next. The Jeff Beck Group albums are on the blues and soul side...Rough and Ready is a great album, but i guarantee you won't find it. Instead just get "Jeff Beck Group"
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Uh, sorry guys, I think I miss-typed my first post. I'm only looking for recommendations for Jeff Beck, Buckethead and Rush!

I've got all the DT, PT, EC, BB albums and others mentioned above!

I'll check out the stuff you guys have mentioned, thank you, it's a great start!
Quote by jonthomas83
Uh, sorry guys, I think I miss-typed my first post. I'm only looking for recommendations for Jeff Beck, Buckethead and Rush!

I've got all the DT, PT, EC, BB albums and others mentioned above!

I'll check out the stuff you guys have mentioned, thank you, it's a great start!

No Problem, Enjoy!

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90