Warning: may contain n00bness.

Okay, I'm thinking of modding my starcaster. I've never done any modding before, but I'm gonna get a couple freinds to help. First will be cosmetic, then hardware later.

First, I'm going to give it a new paint job. I was thinking dark metallic red, and do some artwork over it, then switch the neck out with a stratocaster neck with a rosewood fretboard. I'm wondering, would it be possible to put an Ibanez wizard II neck in a strat-type guitar? because if so, I'll do that instead.

Then with the hardware, I have no clue, I need some suggestions as far as the bridge and new pickups, maybe some tuners.

Any other recommendations you have can't hurt.

Picture:

Crappy picture ftl...

Thanks!

you wouldn't be able to put an ibanez neck on a fender guitar (the neck heel's are different sizes) but if you were looking to put a decent amount of money into the guitar take a look at warmoth.com. they have a wizard profile for their necks, so you could get a neck that would fit your starcaster but would feel like a thin ibanez neck
I'm thinking of modding the neck of my Starcaster too.

Mainly just want a higher quality wood, and then some custom inlays.
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
you wouldn't be able to put an ibanez neck on a fender guitar (the neck heel's are different sizes) but if you were looking to put a decent amount of money into the guitar take a look at warmoth.com. they have a wizard profile for their necks, so you could get a neck that would fit your starcaster but would feel like a thin ibanez neck

Ah, cool. Yeah, this isn't going to be a fast mod, so i'll probably end up putting a decent amount of money on it.

edit:
Quote by Merciless Tengo
I'm thinking of modding the neck of my Starcaster too.

Mainly just want a higher quality wood, and then some custom inlays.

Yeah, the neck on the starcasters aren't to great. and I'm also probably going to add custom inlays, if I get a blank neck.

I love the strat body, the only problems with it are the internal cuts, which are kinda sloppy, but not a big deal at all. I want to keep the body, I just want an Ibanez neck because they play amazing.

edit 2: Oh, and I'm going to switch the current pick guard with a mirrored or black pick guard.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 8, 2009,
just a few things to note.

not all starcasters have a "real" wood body.

painting done correctly is a bit expensive and can take a month.

make sure you dont pump too much money into a starter when collecting hardware for it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
just a few things to note.

not all starcasters have a "real" wood body.

painting done correctly is a bit expensive and can take a month.

make sure you dont pump too much money into a starter when collecting hardware for it.

Nah, it's agathis, I checked.

Not worried about the cost to much, it's going to be a longer mod project, may span a couple years, tbh.

Edit: more something to do when I'm bored, then to make it better really fast. I'm buying an Ibanez soon, and getting a new amp, new pedals, eventually, so this is just more for fun, then really a priority.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 8, 2009,
just checking.

i modded a squire, very happy with it. but the cost does add up and i wanted to pass that along.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hmmm I would probably pass on that but that's just me. Anyway for bridge you can go with a Wilkinson 6 screw trem, and sperzel locking tuners, graphtec nuts. With regards to pickups maybe a GFS set since they are relatively inexpensive but sound decent supposedly.
I'd put new pickups in it before anything.

Probably and HSS pickguard, too.

Then new bridge, followed by the neck.
Last but not least, the paint job.