I'm begging for help. I was checking out the Bugera 6260 half stack used, for a good price. The music store said it was a consignment deal with someone else selling it ) so no returns. But it was played probably 20 hours with no problems. I played it for about 2 and enjoyed it.
The guy that worked there took it apart and showed me the tubes, and took one out.

I come back the next day and decided to buy it.

I bring it home, plug it in. Let it warm up, take it off stand by and the tubes started flaring and flickering. Then my fuse blew. So I bought a new fuse plugged it in, and it's fine until I take it off standby then the tubes flicker and the fuse blows.

I have no clue what's wrong. It worked perfect until I brought it home. I'm kind of stressing out because I spent all my cash on it and am very desperate, please help.

edit: I did test if the tubes were in tight.
Last edited by TheDriveWithin at Aug 8, 2009,
The tubes are bad. The fuse blows to protect the amp from damage when the tubes go (or in the case of some other problem, such as the amp's transformer, which may very well be the case seeing as it's a Bugera).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The tubes are bad. The fuse blows to protect the amp from damage when the tubes go (or in the case of some other problem, such as the amp's transformer, which may very well be the case seeing as it's a Bugera).

How much would you say it would cost to replace the transformer?

Also, tubes being bad is just an easy swap correct?
Bad tubes = easy swap

Transformer = expensive
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Its the most expensive component in an amp, generally. There should be a serial number or something printed across it. Open your amp (if you know what a capacitor is and not to touch them) and have a look. If Bugera have a parts section on their website have a look for it.

EDIT: take it to a tech though and get them to see what's wrong with it

Write a letter of complaint to the store you got it from
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Last edited by Juadafi at Aug 8, 2009,