After going to Guitar Center At Least twice a month for a year, 5 workers their told me that i couldn't play rock and roll while i was checking out the pedals and amps and playing metallica stuff. but for the past year that i've been their, i've seen a bunch of other guys play heavy rock and metal. Is that actually a rule, or are they being racist since i'm asian. is that only a rule at the guitar center i go to (the one on steven creeks blvd in san jose, the one in the middle of all the car dealers) or do they have the rule at all guitar centers. some one plz help me out so i dont almost get kicked out the next time i go to GC
Yeah, just stick to classical music and high SAT scores.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Racists, I say!!!
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
You have GOT to learn to spell, Asian kid.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

ha ha... that is all
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
i'm asian, i check out the guitars and amps, and i've never been asked to leave.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Quote by headbangerbuggy
You have GOT to learn to spell, Asian kid.

i know how to spell, in just a messy typer

im not a immagrant.......
I've never heard of that rule ever being used. I think they're just screwing with you because they can. Most likely has nothing to do with race.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Well, I smell a spam thread. But in case you are serious, the workers are just being douchebags. Play whatever the f*ck you want, sure some stuff is looked down upon, but playing rock and roll in general is fine.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
no that's not a rule. if you can't play heavy metal or rock and roll with a guitar, why the hell would you play it at all.