if you listen to the sound clip, the first part I play is with my amp's built in delay. the second part I play is with the dd-3.

(amp's delay is 0 - 13 seconds. the rest is with the delay pedal)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/638347916a722a6c/

you can tell that the amp's delay is so much smoother and cleaner. I can't seem to mimic that with my pedal without having such a disgusting sound. any suggestions?
Last edited by Frankup at Aug 8, 2009,
I've never used that pedal but after looking at the knobs on it have you tried turning the level and/or feedback knobs down some? It sounds like just the first burst is messed up, but once it gets softer it sounds fine.
Quote by KingJustinian25
I've never used that pedal but after looking at the knobs on it have you tried turning the level and/or feedback knobs down some? It sounds like just the first burst is messed up, but once it gets softer it sounds fine.

the level is already at a 9 o'clock position. when I turn it lower, I can hardly hear a delay but there is still that weird sound caused by hearing the 2 notes at the same time.
does it do it with all the notes or just the particular one you're playing?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
does it do it with all the notes or just the particular one you're playing?

all the notes. I just picked those specific ones just for an example.
What's your amp?
Cause you know, Boss delays are known to be pretty sterile and harsh
I'd say, ocntinue using your amp's delay if you like it better
marshall mghdfx 100 watt.
but yeah. there are some things I can do with the delay pedal that I can't do with the amp but it would make it a bit more convenient :[
Is it in the loop or in front of the amp?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet