I'm modding my two guitars, and this is the way it goes down...

1) The first one looks like an old Jackson/Charvel from the 80s, and judging by the thrashed-out paintjob and the $75 pricetag, it probably is. It's got a simple set up; 2 humbuckers, vol/tone and a 3-way switch. I plan on placing a single coil in the neck position, is this wise? Any particular ones I should use, or will I be fine with the bridge pickup from my other guitar (which is a single coil)?

2) The other one is an Aria strat knockoff. As you guessed, it bears a nice-n-easy Strat-style wiring setup. I have a Seymour Duncan Invader I plan to use for the bridge, but I'm a bit skeptical about cutting wires/soldering new ones in/etc/the wholes nine yards. Is this a bright idea, or should I just replace it with another single coil? As I mentioned above, I may take the bridge PU from this guitar and use it as the neck PU for my other guitar if I don't have the $$$ any time soon, but again, I'm not too sure about this (hence I posted this as a thread here).

All advice/pointers/tips/tricks/etc are fully welcome, so please don't hesitate!
"You told me to speed up, but I can't; I write when I want to."

-'In My Words' by Mors Principium Est
Last edited by PhillCantu93 at Aug 8, 2009,
Hi.

Make TWO posts in the Guitar Wiring thread

One for the Jackson/Charvel

The other for the Aria strat

Make each post complete on it's own, with all the necessary information.
You should get all the help you need there.

Thanks.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Hi.

Make TWO posts in the Guitar Wiring thread

One for the Jackson/Charvel

The other for the Aria strat

Make each post complete on it's own, with all the necessary information.
You should get all the help you need there.

Thanks.

Roger
"You told me to speed up, but I can't; I write when I want to."

-'In My Words' by Mors Principium Est